Not By Chance: How Parents Boost Their Teen's Success In And After Treatment
Not by Chance: How Parents Boost Their Teen's Success In and After Treatment
Your struggling teenager is going to a residential or wilderness treatment program. Their addictions, learning disabilities, or emotional/behavioral issues have brought you to a moment of decision. Heartsick, anxious, and exhausted, questions bounce endlessly around your mind, “Will this work? Was this really necessary? Will she ever forgive me? Can we handle him at home when the time comes?”
Dr. Tim Thayne delivers the answers in his groundbreaking book Not by Chance. As an owner/therapist of wilderness and residential programs, Thayne was frustrated when young people made monumental progress, only to return home where things quickly unraveled. His mission became to vastly improve long-term success by crafting and proving a model to coach parents on their power to lead out through full engagement during treatment and management of the transition home.
Not by Chance engages readers through solid research, simple exercises, and captivating stories taken from Thayne’s own life and the living rooms of hundreds of American homes. This book serves up concrete tools, hope, confidence, and stamina for families, professionals and mentors.
• Why good programs work
- Squeakeasy/Book With Swiss Bird Warbler
- Texas Month-by-Month Gardening: What To Do Each Month To Have A Beautiful Garden All Year
- Dog's Daughter: My Life In Communist China And Liberal America
- Amazing Picture Puzzles
- Life In An Anishinabe Camp (Native Nations Of North America)
- Rick Steves Germany 2015
- The Five Senses (TIME FOR KIDS® Nonfiction Readers)
- Anaxagoras And Universal Mind
- Secular Meditation: 32 Practices For Cultivating Inner Peace, Compassion, And Joy — A Guide From The Humanist Community At Harvard
- Beginning Vocabulary, Grade K: Gold Star Edition (Home Workbooks)
- Interim Ministry: Positive Change In Times Of Transition
- The Seashore (My First Discoveries)
- Where Two Worlds Meet
- Whisperings Of The Dragon: Shamanic Practices To Awaken Your Primal Power
- Silent Nights (British Library Crime Classics)
- Making A Film
- September Blood: The Battle Of Carnifex Ferry
- [Dvd Pose Resource Book] How To Create Comics & Manga & Cartoon & Anime & Illustration. Human Body Pose Drawing Techniques. Necessities Of Wacom User.