Paleontology: A Brief History Of Life (Templeton Science And Religion Series)
Paleontology: A Brief History of Life (Templeton Science and Religion Series)
"Endlessly absorbing and informative. It would be hard to imagine a better introduction to this most important and fascinating field.”—Bill Bryson, author of A Short History of Nearly Everything
Paleontology: A Brief History of Life is the fifth title published in the Templeton Science and Religion Series, in which scientists from a wide range of fields distill their experience and knowledge into brief tours of their respective specialties.
In this volume, Ian Tattersall, a highly esteemed figure in the fields of anthropology, archaeology, and paleontology, leads a fascinating tour of the history of life and the evolution of human beings.
Starting at the very beginning, Tattersall examines patterns of change in the biosphere over time, and the correlations of biological events with physical changes in the Earth’s environment. He introduces the complex of evolutionary processes, situates human beings in the luxuriant diversity of Life (demonstrating that however remarkable we may legitimately find ourselves to be, we are the product of the same basic forces and processes that have driven the evolutionary histories of all other creatures), and he places the origin of our extraordinary spiritual sensibilities in the context of the...
- The Three Billy Goats Gruff (Paul Galdone Classics)
- Berserk, Vol. 27
- T.R.: The Last Romantic
- Der Trompeter Von Sakkingen (German Edition)
- Scout's Backpacking Cookbook
- In Search Of Captain Zero: A Surfer's Road Trip Beyond The End Of The Road
- Deadliest Killer Sudoku: Test Your BRAIN And IQ With These INSANE Puzzles (Volume 4)
- Blues: Guitar Play-Along Volume 38
- Twentieth-Century America: A Brief History
- Wound Care At End Of Life: A Guide For Hospice Professionals
- The Conservation Professional's Guide To Working With People
- Nuggets Of Wisdom: Learning To See Them
- The Dragon Factory: A Joe Ledger Novel
- Nietzsche's Dancers: Isadora Duncan, Martha Graham, And The Revaluation Of Christian Values
- Jim Crow Moves North: The Battle Over Northern School Segregation, 1865-1954 (Cambridge Historical Studies In American Law And Society)
- Music Sociology: Examining The Role Of Music In Social Life
- Pop-up Peekaboo: Woof! Woof!
- The Standard Pilot Log (Black): ASA-SP-30 (Standard Pilot Logbooks)
- Find The Information You Need!: Resources And Techniques For Making Decisions, Solving Problems, And Answering Questions