Paleontology: A Brief History Of Life (Templeton Science And Religion Series)
Paleontology: A Brief History of Life (Templeton Science and Religion Series)
"Endlessly absorbing and informative. It would be hard to imagine a better introduction to this most important and fascinating field.”—Bill Bryson, author of A Short History of Nearly Everything
Paleontology: A Brief History of Life is the fifth title published in the Templeton Science and Religion Series, in which scientists from a wide range of fields distill their experience and knowledge into brief tours of their respective specialties.
In this volume, Ian Tattersall, a highly esteemed figure in the fields of anthropology, archaeology, and paleontology, leads a fascinating tour of the history of life and the evolution of human beings.
Starting at the very beginning, Tattersall examines patterns of change in the biosphere over time, and the correlations of biological events with physical changes in the Earth’s environment. He introduces the complex of evolutionary processes, situates human beings in the luxuriant diversity of Life (demonstrating that however remarkable we may legitimately find ourselves to be, we are the product of the same basic forces and processes that have driven the evolutionary histories of all other creatures), and he places the origin of our extraordinary spiritual sensibilities in the context of the...
- Media And Formal Cause
- Odori: Japanese Dance
- Weird But True! 5: 300 Outrageous Facts
- Sketchbook (Basic Small Spiral Black)
- Faces Of Africa: Thirty Years Of Photography (National Geographic Collectors Series)
- A Prairie Home Companion Pretty Good Jokes Live!
- King Without A Crown: A Memoir
- Focus: Irish Traditional Music (Focus On World Music Series)
- Smart Medicine For Healthier Living : Practical A-Z Reference To Natural And Conventional Treatments For Adults
- Can I Ask That Volume 2: More Hard Questions About God & Faith [Sticky Faith Curriculum] Leader Guide
- Beijing Film Academy Film Photography Professional Photography Picture Series Of Textbooks(Chinese Edition)
- Size, Causes And Consequences Of The Underground Economy: An International Perspective
- The Way Back To Mayberry: Lessons From A Simpler Time
- Greek Myths In Roman Art And Culture: Imagery, Values And Identity In Italy, 50 BC-AD 250 (Greek Culture In The Roman World)
- Take On Listening 2: Listening And Speaking Strategies
- The Stroke Book
- The Hero And The Outlaw: Building Extraordinary Brands Through The Power Of Archetypes
- Classic Starts: Around The World In 80 Days (Classic Starts™ Series)
- TExES ESL Supplemental (154) Book + Online (TExES Teacher Certification Test Prep)
- Dental Implant Prosthetics, 1e