China: A History (Volume 2): From The Great Qing Empire Through The People's Republic Of China, (1644 - 2009)
China: A History (Volume 2): From the Great Qing Empire through The People's Republic of China, (1644 - 2009)
Available in one or two volumes, this accessible, yet rigorous, introduction to the political, social, and cultural history of China provides a balanced and thoughtful account of the development of Chinese civilization from its beginnings to the present day.
Each volume includes ample illustrations, a full complement of maps, a chronological table, extensive notes, recommendations for further reading and an index.
Volume 1: From Neolithic Cultures through the Great Qing Empire (10,000 BCE―1799). Volume 2: From the Great Qing Empire through the People's Republic of China (1644―2009).
A solid, clearly written and up-to-date account of China's dynastic history, taking note of recent research, and with attention to cultural developments and economic practice. An accessible read, even for first-comers to this highly complex subject; this is an excellent introduction to China that instructors will welcome and students will enjoy. --Michael Loewe, University Lecturer in Chinese Studies, University of Cambridge 1963-1990; Emeritus Fellow of Clare Hall.
Tanner has written an excellent text on Chinese history which offers a fine balance between the traditional and the modern. He also charts a...
- 4-Cassette Set For Damschroder's Listen And Sing
- Song Of Sampo Lake (Fesler-Lampert Minnesota Heritage)
- Operation Tabarin: Britain's Secret Wartime Expedition To Antarctica 1944-46
- Dory Fantasmagory: Dory Dory Black Sheep
- Dinosaurs Of Eden: Did Adam And Noah Live With Dinosaurs?
- Contemporary Stone Carving From Zimbabwe
- Comic Artist's Photo Reference Women And Girls
- Teach Online: Design Your First Online Course: Step-By-Step Guide To A Course That Gets Results (Volume 3)
- Writing Matters(A Handbook For Writing And Research)
- Controlling Pilot Error: Controlled Flight Into Terrain (CFIT/CFTT)
- Rope Games
- Exercises For Independence Of The Fingers Part 1
- Think And Grow Rich: The Original, An Official Publication Of The Napoleon Hill Foundation
- Tango (Think Global)
- Writing Effective News Releases: How To Get Free Publicity For Yourself, Your Business, Or Your Organization
- Los Trucos Del Marino (Spanish Edition)
- Lemon Swamp And Other Places: A Carolina Memoir
- Terrorism And The Constitution: The Post-9/11 Cases
- O Albany!: Improbable City Of Political Wizards, Fearless Ethnics, Spectacular, Aristocrats, Splendid Nobodies, And Underrated Scoundrels