China: A History (Volume 2): From The Great Qing Empire Through The People's Republic Of China, (1644 - 2009)
China: A History (Volume 2): From the Great Qing Empire through The People's Republic of China, (1644 - 2009)
Available in one or two volumes, this accessible, yet rigorous, introduction to the political, social, and cultural history of China provides a balanced and thoughtful account of the development of Chinese civilization from its beginnings to the present day.
Each volume includes ample illustrations, a full complement of maps, a chronological table, extensive notes, recommendations for further reading and an index.
Volume 1: From Neolithic Cultures through the Great Qing Empire (10,000 BCE―1799). Volume 2: From the Great Qing Empire through the People's Republic of China (1644―2009).
A solid, clearly written and up-to-date account of China's dynastic history, taking note of recent research, and with attention to cultural developments and economic practice. An accessible read, even for first-comers to this highly complex subject; this is an excellent introduction to China that instructors will welcome and students will enjoy. --Michael Loewe, University Lecturer in Chinese Studies, University of Cambridge 1963-1990; Emeritus Fellow of Clare Hall.
Tanner has written an excellent text on Chinese history which offers a fine balance between the traditional and the modern. He also charts a...
- Good Reasons: Researching And Writing Effective Arguments (6th Edition)
- Ultimate Sticker File Tractors And Trucks
- The Wisdom Of The Chinese Kitchen
- How To Set Up Photography Lighting For A Home Studio
- Bellowhead -- The Songbook: Piano/Vocal/Guitar (Faber Edition)
- Clinical Veterinary Echography
- Bjarne Melgaard: Black Low
- A Guide To MLA Documentation
- Contemporary Auditing: Real Issues And Cases
- Scenic Catskill Mountains: Lakes And Streams: 25 Photographs To Color (Adult Coloring Books) (Volume 16)
- Consumed: A Devil Chaser's MC Romance (Volume 4)
- Tango And Rumba: The Dances Of Today And Tomorrow
- The American Red Cross First Aid And Safety Handbook
- Clash Of Cultures
- All About Me: A Keepsake Journal For Kids
- Fields Of Farmers: Interning, Mentoring, Partnering, Germinating
- Musician's WOODSHED Practice Log: A Practice Planner & Journal For All Instruments
- Software Engineering And Knowledge Engineering: Trends For The Next Decade (World Scientific Series In 20th Century Physics)
- Christo And Jeanne-Claude: In/Out Studio
- Hiking Carlsbad Caverns & Guadalupe Mountains National Parks (Regional Hiking Series)