China: A History (Volume 2): From The Great Qing Empire Through The People's Republic Of China, (1644 - 2009)
China: A History (Volume 2): From the Great Qing Empire through The People's Republic of China, (1644 - 2009)
Available in one or two volumes, this accessible, yet rigorous, introduction to the political, social, and cultural history of China provides a balanced and thoughtful account of the development of Chinese civilization from its beginnings to the present day.
Each volume includes ample illustrations, a full complement of maps, a chronological table, extensive notes, recommendations for further reading and an index.
Volume 1: From Neolithic Cultures through the Great Qing Empire (10,000 BCE―1799). Volume 2: From the Great Qing Empire through the People's Republic of China (1644―2009).
A solid, clearly written and up-to-date account of China's dynastic history, taking note of recent research, and with attention to cultural developments and economic practice. An accessible read, even for first-comers to this highly complex subject; this is an excellent introduction to China that instructors will welcome and students will enjoy. --Michael Loewe, University Lecturer in Chinese Studies, University of Cambridge 1963-1990; Emeritus Fellow of Clare Hall.
Tanner has written an excellent text on Chinese history which offers a fine balance between the traditional and the modern. He also charts a...
- Understanding Psychology Plus NEW MyPsychLab With Pearson EText -- Access Card Package (11th Edition)
- Peak (A Peak Marcello Adventure)
- Trapped In The Mirror: Adult Children Of Narcissists In Their Struggle For Self
- Agenda 21: Into The Shadows
- Readings In Christian Humanism
- The New City: Urban America In The Industrial Age, 1860-1920 (American History Series)
- The Labor Relations Process
- Part-Time Ink: 50 DIY Temporary Tattoos And Henna Tutorials For Festivals, Parties, And Just For Fun
- PILATES. Manual Completo Del Metodo Pilates (Spanish Edition)
- Nature And Culture: American Landscape And Painting, 1825-1875 With A New Preface
- Embodied Philosophy In Dance: Gaga And Ohad Naharin's Movement Research (Performance Philosophy)
- Women In Silent Cinema: Histories Of Fame And Fate (Framing Film)
- Rare And Expensive Postcards Book I (Rare & Expensive Postcards)
- Butterflies Of Michigan Field Guide (Butterfly Identification Guides)
- Casarett & Doull's Essentials Of Toxicology, Third Edition (Lange)
- Cool Gray City Of Love: 49 Views Of San Francisco
- Deadman's Road
- The Cambridge Paperback Encyclopedia
- Edge City: Life On The New Frontier (Anchor Books)
- Fundamental Skills For Mental Health Professionals