The Great Disconnect In Early Childhood Education: What We Know Vs. What We Do
The Great Disconnect in Early Childhood Education: What We Know vs. What We Do
Early childhood educators need to be cognizant of the disconnect between public policy and classroom practice—the success of children they teach depends on it. This book analyzes how ineffective practices are driven by unexamined public policies and why educators need to challenge their thinking in order to make a difference in children's lives. A very complex story about public policy and the importance of teaching is told while entertaining and engaging the reader throughout.
"Head Start promised to break the cycle of poverty. Has it succeeded? No, says Michael Gramling―but it could. In this provocative, inspiring history he shares his vision of an adult-child community of co-learners―a developmentally appropriate early childhood program built on individual children’s strengths to ensure that they really do learn. With Michael as your storyteller, you will discover what shared learning really looks like."―Elizabeth Jones, Faculty emerita, Pacific Oaks College; author, Emergent Curriculum; The Play’s the Thing
"This book takes a refreshing approach to understanding the development of young children as active learners. The book provides real-life stories and discusses the every-day challenges of...
- Seaweeds (Smithsonian's Natural World Series)
- The Place Of The Social Margins, 1350-1750 (Routledge Studies In Cultural History)
- A Sentence A Day: Short, Playful Proofreading Exercises To Help Students Avoid Tripping Up When They Write
- Sze Tsung Leong: Horizons
- The Distance Between Us: A Memoir
- The Civil War: An Illustrated History
- Student Solutions Manual For Intermediate Algebra
- Old MacDonald Had A Farm (Salina Yoon Books)
- Top Trails: Great Smoky Mountains National Park: Must-Do Hikes For Everyone
- Victorian Wooden Molding And Frame Designs: The 1910 Morell Catalog
- The Conference Of The Birds
- Serenity Adult Coloring Book (31 Stress-relieving Designs) (Studio Series Artist's Coloring Book)
- TExES Core Subjects EC-6 (291) Book + Online (TExES Teacher Certification Test Prep)
- What A Hoot!
- Splat The Cat Board Book
- Manual Of Pediatric Nutrition, Fifth Edition
- Reagent Chemicals: Specifications And Procedures For Reagents And Standard-Grade Reference Materials (ACS Professional Reference Book)
- City: A Story Of Roman Planning And Construction
- A Life Of Her Own: The Transformation Of A Countrywoman In 20th-Century France