The Great Disconnect In Early Childhood Education: What We Know Vs. What We Do
The Great Disconnect in Early Childhood Education: What We Know vs. What We Do
Early childhood educators need to be cognizant of the disconnect between public policy and classroom practice—the success of children they teach depends on it. This book analyzes how ineffective practices are driven by unexamined public policies and why educators need to challenge their thinking in order to make a difference in children's lives. A very complex story about public policy and the importance of teaching is told while entertaining and engaging the reader throughout.
"Head Start promised to break the cycle of poverty. Has it succeeded? No, says Michael Gramling―but it could. In this provocative, inspiring history he shares his vision of an adult-child community of co-learners―a developmentally appropriate early childhood program built on individual children’s strengths to ensure that they really do learn. With Michael as your storyteller, you will discover what shared learning really looks like."―Elizabeth Jones, Faculty emerita, Pacific Oaks College; author, Emergent Curriculum; The Play’s the Thing
"This book takes a refreshing approach to understanding the development of young children as active learners. The book provides real-life stories and discusses the every-day challenges of...
- Contemporary Studies For The Snare Drum
- Andre Kertesz: The Polaroids
- Fic: Why Fanfiction Is Taking Over The World
- Building Better Teams: 70 Tools And Techniques For Strengthening Performance Within And Across Teams
- Communication Theories: Origins, Methods And Uses In The Mass Media (5th Edition)
- Rewired: A Bold New Approach To Addiction And Recovery
- Oil Painting: 1-2-3 Easy Techniques To Mastering Oil Painting!
- American Short Story Masterpieces: A Rich Selection Of Recent Fiction From America's Best Modern Writers
- The Way Of The Master Basic Training Course: Study Guide
- To Green Angel Tower, Part 1 (Memory, Sorrow, And Thorn, Book 3)
- SPELLING WORKOUT HOMESCHOOL BUNDLE LEVEL B COPYRIGHT 2002
- Secret Stairs: A Walking Guide To The Historic Staircases Of Los Angeles
- Big Data In Practice: How 45 Successful Companies Used Big Data Analytics To Deliver Extraordinary Results
- I Saw A Strange Land (Text Classics)
- Business Strategy (The Brian Tracy Success Library)
- Too Soon To Quit
- Hidden Gardens Of Paris: A Guide To The Parks, Squares, And Woodlands Of The City Of Light
- The Bridge: A Novel
- Les Petits Macarons: Colorful French Confections To Make At Home