The Power Of Validation: Arming Your Child Against Bullying, Peer Pressure, Addiction, Self-Harm, And Out-of-Control Emotions
The Power of Validation: Arming Your Child Against Bullying, Peer Pressure, Addiction, Self-Harm, and Out-of-Control Emotions
Validationrecognizing and accepting your child’s thoughts and feelings, regardless of whether or not you feel that your child should be experiencing themhelps children develop a lifelong sense of self-worth. Children who are validated feel reassured that they will be accepted and loved regardless of their feelings, while children who are not validated are more vulnerable to peer pressure, bullying, and emotional and behavioral problems.
The Power of Validation is an essential resource for parents seeking practical skills for validating their child’s feelings without condoning tantrums, selfishness, or out-of-control behavior. You’ll practice communicating with your child in ways that instantly impact his or her mood and help your child develop the essential self-validating skills that set the groundwork for confidence and self-esteem in adolescence and beyond.
...There is valuable advice here. This approach takes mindfulness, patience, and a long-term vision, but parents who are able to help their children trust their emotional landscapes will have an easier time of scaffolding to higher reasoning, in addition to more secure relationships with their youngsters. Highly recommended.”
Library Journal, STARRED REVIEW, Rebecca Raszewski, University of...
- Loose-Leaf Microeconomics With Connect Access Card
- The Huarochiri Manuscript
- Ethics Desk Reference For Counselors, Second Edition
- Monkey Business: Swinging Through The Wall Street Jungle
- Dolphin Tale 2: The Junior Novel
- Leadership: Research Findings, Practice, And Skills
- Explorations In Communication And History (Shaping Inquiry In Culture, Communication And Media Studies)
- Ecological Restoration, Second Edition: Principles, Values, And Structure Of An Emerging Profession (The Science And Practice Of Ecological Restoration Series)
- Electric Sounds: Technological Change And The Rise Of Corporate Mass Media (Film And Culture Series)
- The Honorable Mr. Darcy: A Pride & Prejudice Variation (A Meryton Mystery) (Volume 1)
- Goldilocks And The Three Bears (Fairytale Boards)
- Snow Country
- Queen Of A Rainy Country: Poems
- A Dozen A Day Book 3
- Indian Ocean Slavery In The Age Of Abolition
- Learn To Draw Disney's Classic Fairy Tales: Featuring Cinderella, Snow White, Belle, And All Your Favorite Fairy Tale Characters! (Licensed Learn To Draw)
- Looming Transitions: Starting And Finishing Well In Cross-Cultural Service
- The Tender Flame (Mail Order Bride Series #3)