The Myth Of The Andalusian Paradise: Muslims, Christians, And Jews Under Islamic Rule In Medieval Spain
The Myth of the Andalusian Paradise: Muslims, Christians, and Jews under Islamic Rule in Medieval Spain
A finalist for World Magazine’s Book of the Year!
“A watershed in scholarship.” —Raphael Israeli, Hebrew University of Jerusalem
“Desperately, desperately needed as a counter to the mythology that pervades academia on this subject.” —Paul F. Crawford, California University of Pennsylvania
“An intelligent reinterpretation of a supposed paradise of convivencia.” —Julia Pavón Benito, University of Navarra
“A splendid book . . . Must-reading.” —Noël Valis, Yale University
“I am in awe of The Myth of the Andalusian Paradise.” —FrontPage Magazine
“A bracing remedy to a good deal of the academic pabulum that passes for scholarship.” —Middle East Quarterly
“An exhilarating and unput-downable read.” —Standpoint
Scholars, journalists, and even politicians uphold Muslim-ruled medieval Spain—“al-Andalus”—as a multicultural paradise, a place where Muslims, Christians, and Jews lived in harmony.
There is only one problem with this widely accepted account: it is a myth.
In this groundbreaking book, Northwestern University scholar Darío Fernández-Morera tells the full story of Islamic Spain. The Myth of the Andalusian Paradise shines light on hidden history by drawing on an abundance of primary sources that scholars have ignored, as...
- The Antiquary (Oxford World's Classics)
- Seeing Differently: A History And Theory Of Identification And The Visual Arts
- Caves Of Power: Ancient Energy Techniques For Healing, Rejuvenation And Manifestation
- Interior Costs With Rsmeans Data (Means Interior Cost Data)
- Spanish For The School Nurse's Office
- Media Composer 6: Part 2 Effects Essentials (Avid Learning)
- A Cheerful And Comfortable Faith: Anglican Religious Practice In The Elite Households Of Eighteenth-Century Virginia
- Mini Diccionario Visual Espanol- Ingles / English-Spanish Mini Visual Dictionary (Spanish Edition)
- From IMovie To Final Cut Pro X: Making The Creative Leap
- Stevens: Trumpet Sonata
- Little Piano Book: Fun, Easy, Step-By-Step, Teach-Yourself Song And Beginner Piano Guide (Book & Streaming Videos)
- German Shepherd: The Ultimate German Shepherd Training Techniques - Obedience, Potty And Crate Training! (German Shepherd Dogs, German Shepherds, German Shepherd Training)
- Red Hook Road
- The Celestine Prophecy: An Experiential Guide
- Trouble Showed The Way: Women, Men, And Trade In The Nairobi Area, 1890 - 1990
- Academic Writing For Graduate Students: Essential Tasks And Skills
- Cracking The PM Interview: How To Land A Product Manager Job In Technology
- The A To Z Of Foreign Musical Terms: From Adagio To Zierlich A Dictionary For Performers And Students
- Christian Formation: Integrating Theology And Human Development
- Self And Others