The Myth Of The Andalusian Paradise: Muslims, Christians, And Jews Under Islamic Rule In Medieval Spain
The Myth of the Andalusian Paradise: Muslims, Christians, and Jews under Islamic Rule in Medieval Spain
A finalist for World Magazine’s Book of the Year!
“A watershed in scholarship.” —Raphael Israeli, Hebrew University of Jerusalem
“Desperately, desperately needed as a counter to the mythology that pervades academia on this subject.” —Paul F. Crawford, California University of Pennsylvania
“An intelligent reinterpretation of a supposed paradise of convivencia.” —Julia Pavón Benito, University of Navarra
“A splendid book . . . Must-reading.” —Noël Valis, Yale University
“I am in awe of The Myth of the Andalusian Paradise.” —FrontPage Magazine
“A bracing remedy to a good deal of the academic pabulum that passes for scholarship.” —Middle East Quarterly
“An exhilarating and unput-downable read.” —Standpoint
Scholars, journalists, and even politicians uphold Muslim-ruled medieval Spain—“al-Andalus”—as a multicultural paradise, a place where Muslims, Christians, and Jews lived in harmony.
There is only one problem with this widely accepted account: it is a myth.
In this groundbreaking book, Northwestern University scholar Darío Fernández-Morera tells the full story of Islamic Spain. The Myth of the Andalusian Paradise shines light on hidden history by drawing on an abundance of primary sources that scholars have ignored, as...
- Electric Animal: Toward A Rhetoric Of Wildlife
- HISTORIA DEL VINO EN LA ANTIGUA ROMA
- Mrs. Newton
- North America (New True Books: Geography)
- Always A Winner: Finding Your Competitive Advantage In An Up And Down Economy
- Where Medicine Went Wrong: Rediscovering The Path To Complexity (Studies Of Nonlinear Phenomena In Life Science) (Studies Of Nonlinear Phenomena In Life Science)
- Origins Of The First World War: Revised 3rd Edition
- The Selected Letters Of Tennessee Williams, Vol. 2: 1945-1957
- Canciones 2
- Soil · Soul · Society: A New Trinity For Our Time
- Anansi The Spider: A Tale From The Ashanti
- Position Doubtful: Mapping Landscapes And Memories
- Shiver Me Letters: A Pirate ABC
- Newfoundland And Labrador
- Cuban Flute Style: Interpretation And Improvisation
- How To Draw Steampunk Pocket Manga
- The Parisian Jazz Chronicles: An Improvisational Memoir
- Wit: A Play
- Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Science Fusion Florida: Assessment Books Grade 3