Standard Cataloging For School And Public Libraries, 5th Edition
Standard Cataloging for School and Public Libraries, 5th Edition
A proven resource for librarians and students, this updated classic opens the door to understanding current library cataloging processes, shows you how to use them to create standard catalog records, and provides guidance in managing the cataloging workflow.
• Describes today's new cataloging tools and shows how they are applied to real resources in various media, sharing numerous examples that illustrate the points raised
• Explains the way library catalog records are produced for online catalogs
• Describes MARC formats and explains how they relate to new metadata schemas such as MARC XML, the Dublin Core, and BIBFRAME
• Discusses how to set goals and objectives, supervise others, evaluate outputs, and report to and interact with internal and external players in the world of libraries
• Includes examples and illustrations of all tools and offers practice exercises to reinforce understanding
"This handy book is indispensable for anyone new to the field for learning classification and cataloging practice in the dynamically-changing library and information environment. And no doubt it is equally useful for veteran cataloguers and teachers of the subject." - Knowledge Organization
"I'm very pleased with the...