Perfect: The Rise And Fall Of John Paciorek, Baseball's Greatest One-Game Wonder
Perfect: The Rise and Fall of John Paciorek, Baseball's Greatest One-Game Wonder
A spectacular debut major-league gamethen obscurity.
On the final day of the 1963 major-league baseball season, Houston Colt .45s teen sensation John Paciorekin his one and only big-league gamewent three-for-three, giving him a career batting average of 1.000. He also notched three RBI and scored four times. In the outfield John played magnificently, cleanly fielding all four balls hit to him. His was, truly, a perfect gamethe most spectacular game ever by a player in his only big-league appearance. Then, a back injury dropped him just as quickly back down to the minor leagues, where he soon departed from baseball forever.
A rare jewel of baseball history, Perfect tells John’s remarkable story, from his childhood in Detroit, to athletic excellence in high school, to a solitary season in the low minors, to his one shining day in the majors and everything that followed. It includes excerpts from the play-by-play announcers watching his performanceHall of Famer Ralph Kiner and Lindsey Nelsonand reflections from numerous outstanding major-league players who crossed paths with John that day, including Rusty Staub and Jim Wynn.
The big question remains: What...
- Read This If You Want To Take Great Photographs Of Places
- LIFE SKILLS MATHEMATICS WORKTEXT SERIES CONSUMER MATH (Ags Math For Consumer)
- Daily Character Education Activities, Grades 2 - 3: 180 Lessons For Each Day Of The School Year
- Bones Of A Very Fine Hand
- The Weight Of Glory
- NLP For Teachers: How To Be A Highly Effective Teacher
- Harry Potter Slytherin Hardcover Ruled Journal (Insights Journals)
- Naval Submarine Base New London (CT) (Images Of America)
- Submission: A Novel
- Ad Reinhardt: How To Look: Art Comics
- Atlas De Las Banderas Con Pegatinas
- Federal Tax Research: Guide To Materials And Techniques, 8th Edition
- The Art Of Rebellion #3
- The Titan's Curse (Percy Jackson And The Olympians, Book 3)
- Party Of One: A Memoir In 21 Songs
- Spotlight On America: American Revolution
- Postwar Japan As History
- Fluctuat Nec Mergitur
- Juvenile Offenders And Guns: Voices Behind Gun Violence