Perfect: The Rise And Fall Of John Paciorek, Baseball's Greatest One-Game Wonder
Perfect: The Rise and Fall of John Paciorek, Baseball's Greatest One-Game Wonder
A spectacular debut major-league gamethen obscurity.
On the final day of the 1963 major-league baseball season, Houston Colt .45s teen sensation John Paciorekin his one and only big-league gamewent three-for-three, giving him a career batting average of 1.000. He also notched three RBI and scored four times. In the outfield John played magnificently, cleanly fielding all four balls hit to him. His was, truly, a perfect gamethe most spectacular game ever by a player in his only big-league appearance. Then, a back injury dropped him just as quickly back down to the minor leagues, where he soon departed from baseball forever.
A rare jewel of baseball history, Perfect tells John’s remarkable story, from his childhood in Detroit, to athletic excellence in high school, to a solitary season in the low minors, to his one shining day in the majors and everything that followed. It includes excerpts from the play-by-play announcers watching his performanceHall of Famer Ralph Kiner and Lindsey Nelsonand reflections from numerous outstanding major-league players who crossed paths with John that day, including Rusty Staub and Jim Wynn.
The big question remains: What...
- Good Night Ohio (Good Night Our World)
- Parola Di Scrittore (I Coriandoli) (Italian Edition)
- The Power Of The Heart: Finding Your True Purpose In Life
- Fine Art Flower Photography: Creative Techniques And The Art Of Observation
- The St. Albans Psalter: An Anglo-Norman Song Of Faith (Studies In The Humanities)
- Mobilizing Democracy: Globalization And Citizen Protest (Themes In Global Social Change)
- CFA Institute Industry Guides: The Pharmaceutical Industry
- Bismarck And The German Empire
- Master Of The Grill: Foolproof Recipes, Top-Rated Gadgets, Gear & Ingredients Plus Clever Test Kitchen Tips & Fascinating Food Science
- Rules Of Thumb: 71 Authors Reveal Their Fiction Writing Fixations
- Comic Book Sketching: Mixed Basic, Staggered & Panoramic, 8" X 10", 118 Pages (Sketchbook)
- Maternal-Newborn: Davis Essential Nursing Content + Practice Questions
- Roadside Geology Of Colorado (Roadside Geology Series)
- Jewels By JAR (Metropolitan Museum Of Art Series)
- The Paleo Kitchen: Finding Primal Joy In Modern Cooking
- Images Of A Complex World: The Art And Poetry Of Chaos
- Music Theory In Practice, Grade 3 (Music Theory In Practice (ABRSM))
- Lluvia De Oro
- ESSENTIAL WEDDING COLLECTION PRELUDES PROCESSIONALS & RECESSIONALS PIANO SOLO
- La Invención De La Modernidad