World History In Minutes
World History In Minutes
What happened to the Roman Empire? Why was the Magna Carter so important? What led to the First World War? Why did the USSR collapse? World History in Minutes provides succinct answers to these questions--and many more--in 200 simple and accessible essays.
From the 100 Years War to the Gulf Wars, and from the wisdom of Aristotle to the Civil Rights movement, this book distills the major events in human history into easily digestible chunks. Each essay is accompanied by an image--or a clear diagram to illustrate complex ideas--and will plug the gaps in your knowledge of the most important eras, movements and events in the history of humankind. World History in Minutes is the perfect introduction to this expansive subject.
Contents include: Neanderthals, Babylonians, Attilla the Hun, Abyssinian Empire, Magna Carta, Black Death, Inca, Henry VIII Reformation, Ulster Plantations, Rousseau and the Enlightenment, Declaration of Independence, French Revolution, Tonga Civil War, Universal Suffrage, Spanish Influenza, Great Depression, Pearl Harbour, The Space Age, Civil Rights, Environmentalism, Oligarchs and Tiger Economies.
About the Author
Dorothy Ali's writing has appeared in publications such as Outside In: 160 New Perspectives on 160 Classic Doctor Who Stories by 160...
- Alicia The Snow Queen Fairy (Rainbow Magic Special Edition)
- Alpha Teach Yourself Algebra I In 24 Hours (Alpha Books Teach Yourself In 24 Hours)
- Do Less, Achieve More: Discover The Hidden Power Of Giving In
- Ladybug Girl Says Good Night
- Big Girls Do It Running: Health, Fitness, And Kicking Life's Ass!
- Administrative Law And Process (2014)
- Diversity, Equity, And Inclusion: Strategies For Facilitating Conversations On Race
- Blink 182: Tales From Beneath Your Mom
- International And Transnational Criminal Law (Aspen Casebook)
- Close Your Eyes
- Journalism After Snowden: The Future Of The Free Press In The Surveillance State (Columbia Journalism Review Books)
- Security Risk Management: Building An Information Security Risk Management Program From The Ground Up
- Leadership And Change Management
- Sittig's Handbook Of Pesticides And Agricultural Chemicals, Second Edition
- Description: Innovative Practices For Archives And Special Collections
- The Best Of Soul: The Essential Cd Guide (The Essential CD Guides)
- Passage To Cuba: An Up-Close Look At The World's Most Colorful Culture
- Integrated Practice: Coordination, Rhythm & Sound
- Metro: A Story Of Cairo
- Rookwood And The Industry Of Art: Women, Culture, And Commerce, 1880–1913