World History In Minutes
World History In Minutes
What happened to the Roman Empire? Why was the Magna Carter so important? What led to the First World War? Why did the USSR collapse? World History in Minutes provides succinct answers to these questions--and many more--in 200 simple and accessible essays.
From the 100 Years War to the Gulf Wars, and from the wisdom of Aristotle to the Civil Rights movement, this book distills the major events in human history into easily digestible chunks. Each essay is accompanied by an image--or a clear diagram to illustrate complex ideas--and will plug the gaps in your knowledge of the most important eras, movements and events in the history of humankind. World History in Minutes is the perfect introduction to this expansive subject.
Contents include: Neanderthals, Babylonians, Attilla the Hun, Abyssinian Empire, Magna Carta, Black Death, Inca, Henry VIII Reformation, Ulster Plantations, Rousseau and the Enlightenment, Declaration of Independence, French Revolution, Tonga Civil War, Universal Suffrage, Spanish Influenza, Great Depression, Pearl Harbour, The Space Age, Civil Rights, Environmentalism, Oligarchs and Tiger Economies.
About the Author
Dorothy Ali's writing has appeared in publications such as Outside In: 160 New Perspectives on 160 Classic Doctor Who Stories by 160...
- The Clowns. A Ballet ... Choreography By Gerald Arpino. Full Score
- Sweet Harmony: A Cricket Creek Novel
- Sea And Sardinia
- Phone Booth (Object Lessons)
- Pagan Portals - Hekate: A Devotional
- Sell Your Music: How To Profitably Sell Your Own Recordings Online
- The Buried (A Jonathan Quinn Novel) (Volume 9)
- Methods In Algorithmic Analysis (Chapman & Hall/CRC Computer And Information Science Series)
- The Forest Unseen: A Year's Watch In Nature
- East Of The Mountains
- Student Solutions Manual To Accompany Introduction To Statistical Quality Control
- The Londoner's England - Contemporary Water-Colours And Drawings Of London And The Home Counties Reproduced By Colour And Duochrome Lithography And By ... Assembled & Edited With Descriptive Text
- Ukulele Chords - Poster 22 X34
- The Olive And The Caper: Adventures In Greek Cooking
- Sex In Advertising (Best Ads)
- A History Of Psychiatry: From The Era Of The Asylum To The Age Of Prozac
- Backroads Of Paradise: A Journey To Rediscover Old Florida
- Side By Side Extra 2 Student Book & EText
- MANDALAS Y SU SIMBOLISMO