Ancient Rome: An Anthology Of Sources
Ancient Rome: An Anthology of Sources
"Terrific . . . exactly the sort of collection we have long needed: one offering a wide range of texts, both literary and documentary, and that--with the inclusion of Sulpicia and Perpetua--allows students to hear the voices of actual women from the ancient world. The translations themselves are fluid; the inclusion of long extracts allows students to sink their teeth into material in ways not possible with traditional source books. The anonymous texts, inscriptions, and other non-literary material topically arranged in the 'Documentary' section will enable students to see how the documentary evidence supplements or undermines the views advanced in the literary texts. This is a book that should be of great use to anyone teaching a survey of the history of Ancient Rome or a Roman Civilization course. I look forward to teaching with this book which is, I think, the best source book I have seen for the way we teach these days." --David Potter, University of Michigan
"A useful cross-section of the literary and documentary evidence for ancient Roman history and society. An important new tool for teachers and students." --G. J. Oliver, Department of Classics, Brown...
- Agile!: The Good, The Hype And The Ugly
- Froggy Goes To Bed
- Jack Of All Trades: Conversations With Disney Legend Ken Anderson
- The Television Will Be Revolutionized, Second Edition
- Adobe Encore DVD In The Studio (O'Reilly Digital Studio)
- Mercy Watson: Something Wonky This Way Comes
- Tumford The Terrible
- Anthropology, History, And Education (The Cambridge Edition Of The Works Of Immanuel Kant)
- !Julieta, Estate Quieta!
- I Love You, Honey Bunny (Made With Love)
- Schell, Jesse's The Art Of Game Design: A Book Of Lenses 1st (first) Edition By Schell, Jesse Published By Morgan Kaufmann [Paperback] (2008)
- Look & See: Let's Count!
- Helping Teachers Teach: A School Library Media Specialist's Role, 3rd Edition
- Mysticism: Its History And Challenge
- The Friendship Doll
- Time, Talent, Energy: Overcome Organizational Drag And Unleash Your Team’s Productive Power
- Essential Technique For Band - Intermediate To Advanced Studies: Trombone
- Geraldine, The Music Mouse
- The Oxford Handbook Of Martin Luther's Theology (Oxford Handbooks)