Addict In The House: A No-Nonsense Family Guide Through Addiction And Recovery
Addict in the House: A No-Nonsense Family Guide Through Addiction and Recovery
"This is a straightforward, rich resource for anyone who lives with, and loves, an addict."
Everyone suffers when there’s an addict in the family. Written by an expert in alcohol and drug addiction and recovery, this no-nonsense guide will help you understand the causes of addiction, end enabling behaviors, support your loved one’s recovery, and learn how to cope with relapses.
If you’re the family member of an addict, you may feel confused, guilty, and scared of doing the wrong thing. And when you don’t know how to help, you may find yourself in a codependent role, trying so hard to keep your addicted loved one alive, out of jail, or emotionally appeased that you may actually prevent them from realizing they need help.
Drawing on her own personal experience with her brother’s addiction, Addict in the House offers a pragmatic, step-by-step guide to dealing with a loved one’s addiction, from accepting the reality of the disease to surviving what may be repeated cycles of recovery and relapse. You’ll learn how to encourage your addicted loved one to get help without forcing it, and finally find the strength...
- Practice Makes Perfect German Conversation (Practice Makes Perfect Series)
- Simple Tools And Techniques For Enterprise Risk Management
- Building Your Own Climbing Wall: Illustrated Instructions And Plans For Indoor And Outdoor Walls (How To Climb Series)
- Graffiti And Urban Art: Pieces, Tags, Stencils And Stickers
- Coloratura Arias For Soprano - Accompaniment CDs - G. Schirmer Opera Anthology
- Creative Composition Toolbox, Bk 6: A Step-by-Step Guide For Learning To Compose
- Sunken Plantations: The Santee-Cooper Project (Vintage Images)
- The 10 Depths Of Existential Steeze: Exploring Existentialism Through Color Therapy And Written Word
- Circuit Chautauqua: From Rural Education To Popular Entertainment In Early Twentieth Century America
- The History Of Al-Tabari, Vol. 6: Muhammad At Mecca (SUNY Series In Near Eastern Studies)
- Oxford Bookworms Library: Mystery In London: Starter: 250-Word Vocabulary (Oxford Bookworms: Starter)
- Cold War Civil Rights: Race And The Image Of American Democracy (Politics And Society In Modern America)
- La Boheme: Libretto
- Getting Started With Arduino: The Open Source Electronics Prototyping Platform (Make)
- The Need For A Black Bible
- Guía Clínica De Enfermería Pediátrica (Spanish Edition)
- Teaching Elementary Mathematics To Struggling Learners (What Works For Special-Needs Learners)
- The Poems Of Marianne Moore
- Olympic Games, Mega-Events And Civil Societies: Globalization, Environment, Resistance (Global Culture And Sport Series)
- Section 504 And Public Schools