Addict In The House: A No-Nonsense Family Guide Through Addiction And Recovery
Addict in the House: A No-Nonsense Family Guide Through Addiction and Recovery
"This is a straightforward, rich resource for anyone who lives with, and loves, an addict."
Everyone suffers when there’s an addict in the family. Written by an expert in alcohol and drug addiction and recovery, this no-nonsense guide will help you understand the causes of addiction, end enabling behaviors, support your loved one’s recovery, and learn how to cope with relapses.
If you’re the family member of an addict, you may feel confused, guilty, and scared of doing the wrong thing. And when you don’t know how to help, you may find yourself in a codependent role, trying so hard to keep your addicted loved one alive, out of jail, or emotionally appeased that you may actually prevent them from realizing they need help.
Drawing on her own personal experience with her brother’s addiction, Addict in the House offers a pragmatic, step-by-step guide to dealing with a loved one’s addiction, from accepting the reality of the disease to surviving what may be repeated cycles of recovery and relapse. You’ll learn how to encourage your addicted loved one to get help without forcing it, and finally find the strength...
- Contesting Castro: The United States And The Triumph Of The Cuban Revolution
- Modern Tap Dance Styled
- Five Good Minutes: 100 Morning Practices To Help You Stay Calm And Focused All Day Long (The Five Good Minutes Series)
- I Am Of Ireland: Women Of The North Speak Out
- Graffiti And Street Art (World Of Art) (Paperback) - Common
- Argentina (National Geographic Adventure Map)
- A New Era In School Counseling: A Practical Guide
- Writing Public Policy: A Practical Guide To Communicating In The Policy-Making Process
- Collision Course
- Love In The Light (Hearts In Darkness Duet) (Volume 2)
- You're Here For A Reason
- Our Declaration: A Reading Of The Declaration Of Independence In Defense Of Equality
- The Book For People Who Do Too Much
- Cyanide And Happiness: Punching Zoo (Cyanide & Happiness)
- INSPIRATIONAL ADULT COLORING BOOKS - Vol.19: Women Coloring Books For Adults (Volume 19)
- Rand McNally 2005 Palm Beach County, Florida: Street Guide (Rand McNally Street Guides)
- All Summer Long (Fool's Gold Series)
- The Campus Trilogy: Changing Places; Small World; Nice Work
- Lost Prophet: The Life And Times Of Bayard Rustin
- A Century Under Sail (Maritime)