Addict In The House: A No-Nonsense Family Guide Through Addiction And Recovery
Addict in the House: A No-Nonsense Family Guide Through Addiction and Recovery
"This is a straightforward, rich resource for anyone who lives with, and loves, an addict."
Everyone suffers when there’s an addict in the family. Written by an expert in alcohol and drug addiction and recovery, this no-nonsense guide will help you understand the causes of addiction, end enabling behaviors, support your loved one’s recovery, and learn how to cope with relapses.
If you’re the family member of an addict, you may feel confused, guilty, and scared of doing the wrong thing. And when you don’t know how to help, you may find yourself in a codependent role, trying so hard to keep your addicted loved one alive, out of jail, or emotionally appeased that you may actually prevent them from realizing they need help.
Drawing on her own personal experience with her brother’s addiction, Addict in the House offers a pragmatic, step-by-step guide to dealing with a loved one’s addiction, from accepting the reality of the disease to surviving what may be repeated cycles of recovery and relapse. You’ll learn how to encourage your addicted loved one to get help without forcing it, and finally find the strength...
- The Sadler's Wells Ballet: A History And An Appreciation
- Alimentación De Bovinos Ovinos Y Caprinos
- Pediatric Occupational Therapy Handbook: A Guide To Diagnoses And Evidence-Based Interventions, 1e
- Fasting Dvd: The DVD Features Five, 20-minute Sessions Taught By Jentezen Franklin
- The Mysterious Benedict Society: Mr. Benedict's Book Of Perplexing Puzzles, Elusive Enigmas, And Curious Conundrums
- Viaje De Un Naturalista Alrededor Del Mundo / Journey Of A Naturalist Around The World (Spanish Edition)
- PEARSON BACCAULARETE PSYCHOLOGY (Pearson Baccalaureate)
- Steinlen's Cats
- The Man Who Made Ireland: The Life And Death Of Michael Collins
- The Extraordinary Mark Twain (According To Susy)
- A Will, A Way, And A Wedding (A Dear Daphne Novel)
- Harley Quinn: Adults Coloring Book
- Carry Me Home: Louisiana Sugar Country Photographs
- Reproduction, Globalization, And The State: New Theoretical And Ethnographic Perspectives
- Red Bird Sings: The Story Of Zitkala-Sa, Native American Author, Musician, And Activist
- Magic Lantern Guides: Nikon D3000
- Silver In The Blood
- Messianic Lyric Book: For Praise And Worship Singers
- The Masculine Mandate
- Four Plays By Aristophanes: The Birds; The Clouds; The Frogs; Lysistrata (Meridian Classics)