How Would Buddha Think?: 1,501 Right-Intention Teachings For Cultivating A Peaceful Mind (The New Harbinger Following Buddha Series)
How Would Buddha Think?: 1,501 Right-Intention Teachings for Cultivating a Peaceful Mind (The New Harbinger Following Buddha Series)
“All that we are is the result of what we have thought.”
Every word and every action begins with a thought. Negative thoughts based in jealousy, greed, or hatred may seem harmless on the surface. After all, they’re only thoughts, right? But while thoughts are only in our head, they often betray our intentions, and can directly shape our actions. So, how can you overcome internal negativity and live more consciously?
In How Would Buddha Think?, best-selling author of 14,000 Things to Be Happy About, Barbara Ann Kipfer offers an insightful, modern take on the ancient teaching of Right Intention—an important tenet of the Buddhist Eightfold Path focused on the belief that our intentions drive our actions.
With this book as your guide, you’ll learn how to move past negative thoughts or ill will toward others and instead focus on altruism, purpose, and self-actualization—qualities needed to help you live a truly happy life.
- The Year One Challenge For Women: Thinner, Leaner, And Stronger Than Ever In 12 Months
- A Contemporary Handbook For Weddings & Funerals: And Other Occasions
- Mathematics For Physics With Calculus
- Bubba Talks: Of Life, Love, Sex, Whiskey, Politics, Foreigners, Teenagers, Movies, Food,
- Lexical Aids For Students Of New Testament Greek
- Tony Cragg: In And Out Of Material
- Public Passions: The Trial Of Shi Jianqiao And The Rise Of Popular Sympathy In Republican China
- The Long Night Of Winchell Dear: A Novel
- Bursts: The Hidden Patterns Behind Everything We Do, From Your E-mail To Bloody Crusades
- Blank Comic Book: Create Your Own Comics With This Blank Comic Panel: Over 100 Blank Comic Book Pages, Large 8.5" X 11" , 6 Panels Layout (Blank Comic Book For Kids) (Volume 1)
- The Leader's Guide To 21st Century Education: 7 Steps For Schools And Districts (Pearson Resources For 21st Century Learning)
- Legends Of Hollywood: The Life Of Olivia De Havilland
- Poetry For Young People: Rudyard Kipling
- Reginald Rose's Twelve Angry Men: A Play In Three Acts
- Bajo La Misma Estrella
- The Finest Line: The Global Pursuit Of Big-Wave Surfing
- GarageBand ’09 Power!
- The Plays And Fragments (Oxford World's Classics)
- Surviving Death: A Journalist Investigates Evidence For An Afterlife
- Bologna Bars & Restaurants Guide