How Would Buddha Think?: 1,501 Right-Intention Teachings For Cultivating A Peaceful Mind (The New Harbinger Following Buddha Series)
How Would Buddha Think?: 1,501 Right-Intention Teachings for Cultivating a Peaceful Mind (The New Harbinger Following Buddha Series)
“All that we are is the result of what we have thought.”
Every word and every action begins with a thought. Negative thoughts based in jealousy, greed, or hatred may seem harmless on the surface. After all, they’re only thoughts, right? But while thoughts are only in our head, they often betray our intentions, and can directly shape our actions. So, how can you overcome internal negativity and live more consciously?
In How Would Buddha Think?, best-selling author of 14,000 Things to Be Happy About, Barbara Ann Kipfer offers an insightful, modern take on the ancient teaching of Right Intention—an important tenet of the Buddhist Eightfold Path focused on the belief that our intentions drive our actions.
With this book as your guide, you’ll learn how to move past negative thoughts or ill will toward others and instead focus on altruism, purpose, and self-actualization—qualities needed to help you live a truly happy life.
- Writing Naked Puts: The Best Option Strategies. Volume 1
- The Mystery Of The Missing Lion: A Precious Ramotswe Mystery For Young Readers
- Dare To Rock (Dare To Love)
- The Intelligent Investor CD: The Classic Text On Value Investing
- The Gallic War: Seven Commentaries On The Gallic War With An Eighth Commentary By Aulus Hirtius (Oxford World's Classics)
- The Selected Poetry Of Yehuda Amichai (Literature Of The Middle East)
- Landscapes Of Prayer: Finding God In Your World And Your Life
- The Institutes Of Justinian
- Mendelssohn Is On The Roof
- Talk About Writing: The Tutoring Strategies Of Experienced Writing Center Tutors
- Hounded: An Andy Carpenter Mystery (An Andy Carpenter Novel)
- Kneeknock Rise
- The Van Halen Keyboard Songbook For Piano Vocal And Chords
- Even Firefighters Hug Their Moms
- But I Am An Alligator (Charlie And Lola)
- David Cronenberg: Author Or Filmmaker?
- Easy Classics For The Young Trumpet Player
- O'Keeffe On Paper
- Gatha: El Primer Tratado De Etica De La Humanidad (Coleccion) (Spanish Edition)
- Life In Debt: Times Of Care And Violence In Neoliberal Chile