Feminisms, Empowerment And Development: Changing Women's Lives (Feminisms And Development)
Feminisms, Empowerment and Development: Changing Women's Lives (Feminisms and Development)
Drawing on unique, original research and approaching empowerment as a complex process of negotiation, rather than a linear sequence of inputs and outcomes, this crucial collection highlights the difficulty of creating common agendas for the advancement of women's power and rights, and argues for a more nuanced, context based approach to development theory and practice.
An indispensible text for anyone interested in gender and development.
'In a neoliberal development paradigm obsessed with silver bullets for complex social challenges, this book is a transformative text that reveals the multifaceted, unpredictable and even contradictory results of empowerment processes. Its rich array of insights and lessons - most powerfully articulated in the voices of women engaged in the struggle - has immense value for researchers,...
- Huertos En Sistemas Hidropónicos: Producciones Hortícolas Intensivas (Spanish Edition)
- A Coursebook On Scientific & Professional Writing For Speech-Language Pathology (Singular Textbook Series)
- Black Mischief
- Wild Ride: The Rise And Tragic Fall Of Calumet Farm Inc., America's Premier Racing Dynasty
- Criminal Justice Today: An Introductory Text For The 21st Century (13th Edition)
- Knowing The Natural Law: From Precepts And Inclinations To Deriving Oughts
- Whose Criminal Justice?: State Or Community?
- The Staircase
- International Law In Theory And Practice
- David Bowie: The Golden Years
- The Mile End Cookbook: Redefining Jewish Comfort Food From Hash To Hamantaschen
- To Change China: Western Advisers In China
- The Honey Bird: An Authentic Masai Story In English And KiSwahili (Volume 4)
- Fingerpower: Level 4 Book/CD Pack
- Rand McNally Delaware - Maryland Easy To Fold (Laminated) (EasyFinder) (Easyfinder S)
- Queer Voices In Post-War Scotland: Male Homosexuality, Religion And Society (Genders And Sexualities In History)
- The Heart's Frontier (The Amish Of Apple Grove, No. 1)
- Handbook Of Writing Research, Second Edition
- Repeatable Backgrounds: Geometric And Abstract Patterns CD-ROM And Book (Dover Electronic Clip Art)