Contemporary Protest And The Legacy Of Dissent
Contemporary Protest and the Legacy of Dissent
Contemporary protest, often presented in media forms as a dramatic ritual played out in an iconic public space has provided a potent symbol of the widespread economic and social discontent that is a feature of European life under the rule of “austerity.” Yet, beneath this surface activity, which provides the headlines and images familiar from mainstream news coverage, lies a whole array of deeper structures, modes of behavior, and forms of human affiliation.
Contemporary Protest and the Legacy of Dissent offers a vibrant and insightful overview of modern protest movements, ideologies, and events. Written by academics and activists familiar with the strategies, values, and arguments of those groups and individuals responsible for shaping the modern landscape of protest, it reveals the inside story of a number of campaigns and events. It analyzes the various manifestations of dissent—on and offline, visible and obscure, progressive and reactionary—through the work of a number of commentators and dedicated “academic activists,” while reassessing the standard explanatory frameworks supplied by contemporary theorists. In doing so, it offers a coherent account of the range of academic and theoretical approaches to the study of protest and social movements.
- School Of Violin Technique: Op. 1 Complete Books 1-4
- The Mystery Of God's Will
- Das Deutsche Lied Im 18. Jahrhundert: Erster Band, Zweite Abteilung - Musikbeispiele (German Edition)
- The Venture Of Islam, Volume 3: The Gunpowder Empires And Modern Times (Venture Of Islam Vol. 3)
- Binnur's Turkish Cookbook: Turkishcookbook.Com - Delicious, Healthy And Easy-To-Make Ottoman & Turkish Recipes
- Ukulele Chord Deck
- Robinson's Genetics For Cat Breeders And Veterinarians, 4e
- A Storm Of Swords (A Song Of Ice And Fire, Book 3)
- Chemical Bonding In Solids (Memoir Of The British Geological)
- Why Pray?
- Understanding Video Games: The Essential Introduction
- Death Of The Wehrmacht: The German Campaigns Of 1942 (Modern War Studies (Paperback))
- Chengli And The Silk Road Caravan
- Russian Criminal Tattoo Encyclopaedia Volume II
- The Third Option (A Mitch Rapp Novel)
- All For Strings: Comprehensive String Method Viola Book 1 By Robert S. Frost, Gerald E. Anderson (1985) Paperback
- The Deeper Journey: The Spirituality Of Discovering Your True Self (Tyndale Commentaries Complete Set)
- Christianity: A Way To Salvation (World Religions)
- Pre-Algebra: Skill Practice And Assessment For Middle School (Skills For Success Series)
- Energy Storage