Leverage the power of Splunk to efficiently analyze machine, log, web, and social media data
About This Book
- Make impressive reports and dashboards easily
- Search, locate, and manage apps in Splunk
- Use the Twitter app to create a dashboard based on Twitter searches of particular topics
Who This Book Is For
This book is intended for a business person, analyst, or student who wants to quickly learn how to use Splunk to manage data.
It would be helpful to have a bit of familiarity with basic computer concepts, but no prior experience of Splunk is required.
What You Will Learn
- Use Splunk to collect all types of data
- Create reports in Splunk to help understand what your data says and develop business insights
- Design dashboards in Splunk to present data in many useful ways on one interface
- Set up alerts to communicate problems or issues with a system
- Utilize the Report Builder to create values over time, top values, and rare values reports
- Understand how to bring in and analyze live streaming data
- Familiarize yourself with data storage in Splunk
Splunk is a powerful tool that is used extensively to search, monitor, and analyze any machine data.
This book is designed to introduce you quickly...