Women & Hats: Vintage People On Photo Postcards (Photo Postcards From The Tom Phillips Archive)
Women & Hats: Vintage People on Photo Postcards (Photo Postcards from the Tom Phillips Archive)
To celebrate the acquisition of the archive of distinguished artist Tom Phillips, the Bodleian Library asked the artist to assemble and design a series of books drawing on his themed collection of over 50,000 photographic postcards. These encompass the first half of the twentieth century, a period in which, thanks to the ever cheaper medium of photography, ordinary people could afford to own portraits of themselves. Each of the books in the series contains two hundred images chosen from a visually rich vein of social history. Their covers also feature thematically linked paintings, specially created for each title, from Phillips’s signature work, A Humument.
Women & Hats explores the remarkable range found in the world of millinery, from outrageous Edwardian creations to the inventive austerities of World War II. Each of these unique and visually stunning books give a rich glimpse of forgotten times and will be greatly valued by art and history lovers alike.
- House M.D. Vs. Reality: Fact And Fiction In The Hit Television Series
- Deep Calls Unto Deep
- The Science Book: Everything You Need To Know About The World And How It Works
- The Time Traveler's Guide To Elizabethan England
- How Many Days Until Tomorrow?
- L'Ormindo: Vocal Score, Vocal Score (Faber Edition)
- Interpersonal Communication: Everyday Encounters
- Motorsport Going Global: The Challenges Facing The World's Motorsport Industry
- Little Book Of Days
- Ortografía Y Ortotipografía Del Español Actual
- Put A Girl In Your Pocket: The Artful Camera Of Peter Basch
- Humoresques And Other Works For Solo Piano (Dover Music For Piano)
- National Geographic Kids Everything Dinosaurs: Chomp On Tons Of Earthshaking Facts And Fun
- The Littlest Peanut: A Journal Milestone Babybook For Preemies
- The Utopia Chronicles (Atopia Series)
- Screen Tests, Portraits, Nudes
- The Golden Moments Of Paris: A Guide To The Paris Of The 1920s
- The Story Of King Arthur And His Knights (Sterling Unabridged Classics)
- Eyelike Stickers: On The Farm
- What Time Is The Midnight Buffet?: Tales From The Cruise Adventure Of A Lifetime