Anne Carson: fifteen, beautiful, wayward. Abducted.
The rich Carsons have closed ranks and summoned Frank Calder, subject to strict instructions. This is not the first kidnapping in the Carson family and hard lessons have been learned.
But are the two events connected? And is greed the motivation? Revenge? Or could it be something else? To find out, Frank Calder must go beyond his brief.
And his every step into the darkness may end a girl's life.
Peter Temple is Australia's most awarded crime writer. Text Publishing will release his full backlist—from the Jack Irish Thrillers to An Iron Rose and Shooting Star—in North America by early 2014.
'If you have not read a Temple thriller, you don’t know what you are missing.'
'A tough, contemporary crime novel that takes the reader down some very mean Australian streets A terrific read by one of Australia’s best crime novelists.'
'Temple’s dialogue is crisp and the narrative at times poetic a tense unputdownable thriller with full-throated characters and dynamite plot.'
'Peter Temple is, quite simply, the...
- Catholicism: A Very Short Introduction
- The Natashas: The Horrific Inside Story Of Slavery, Rape, And Murder In The Global Sex Trade
- Color (6th Edition)
- Ramesside Ostraca (None) (v. 2)
- Summarizing, Paraphrasing, And Retelling: Skills For Better Reading, Writing, And Test Taking
- Under Another Sky: Journeys In Roman Britain
- Birdless Summer (China : Autobiography, History, Book 3)
- Digital Dieting: From Information Obesity To Intellectual Fitness
- Understanding International Relations
- Oriental Mythology (The Masks Of God)
- City Boy: A Novel
- The Art Of Creating Depth In A Mix
- The Upside Of Inequality: How Good Intentions Undermine The Middle Class
- Geometrical Methods Of Mathematical Physics
- Dead Reckoning (Sookie Stackhouse/True Blood, Book 11)
- Official Guide To Legal Specialties (Career Guides)
- No Man's Land (John Puller Series)
- La Guerre, Yes Sir!
- Language Disorders From A Developmental Perspective: Essays In Honor Of Robin S. Chapman (New Directions In Communication Disorders Research)
- Abuse: Finding Hope In Christ (Gospel For Real Life)