Anne Carson: fifteen, beautiful, wayward. Abducted.
The rich Carsons have closed ranks and summoned Frank Calder, subject to strict instructions. This is not the first kidnapping in the Carson family and hard lessons have been learned.
But are the two events connected? And is greed the motivation? Revenge? Or could it be something else? To find out, Frank Calder must go beyond his brief.
And his every step into the darkness may end a girl's life.
Peter Temple is Australia's most awarded crime writer. Text Publishing will release his full backlist—from the Jack Irish Thrillers to An Iron Rose and Shooting Star—in North America by early 2014.
'If you have not read a Temple thriller, you don’t know what you are missing.'
'A tough, contemporary crime novel that takes the reader down some very mean Australian streets A terrific read by one of Australia’s best crime novelists.'
'Temple’s dialogue is crisp and the narrative at times poetic a tense unputdownable thriller with full-throated characters and dynamite plot.'
'Peter Temple is, quite simply, the...
- Rule By Law: The Politics Of Courts In Authoritarian Regimes
- Going Pro: Developing A Professional Career In The Music Industry
- Watercolour Flower Portraits
- Voting For Reform: Democracy, Political Liberalization, And Economic Adjustment (World Bank Publication)
- Bench Press: The Science
- Ishmael:A Novel
- The Hungarian Cookbook
- Editor In Chief: Beginning 2
- Training A Search And Rescue Dog: For Wilderness Air Scent
- The German Empire: A Short History (Modern Library Chronicles)
- Life Cycle Analysis Of Nanoparticles
- The Bayeux Tapestry
- New Tunes For Strings VIOLA (INSTRUCTIONAL DESIGN BY PAUL ROLLAND, BOOK ONE)
- Kinds Of Love
- This Is That: The Experiences, Sermons And Writings Of Aimee Semple McPherson
- Japanese Yoga: The Way Of Dynamic Meditation
- A Dictionary Of Environment And Conservation (Oxford Quick Reference)
- International Folk Dancing, USA
- Stranded In The Jungle: Jerry Nolan's Wild Ride -A Tale Of Drugs, Fashion, The New York Dolls, And Punk Rock
- Colouring Fantasy - Colouring Book By Scot Howden (Volume 1)