Anne Carson: fifteen, beautiful, wayward. Abducted.
The rich Carsons have closed ranks and summoned Frank Calder, subject to strict instructions. This is not the first kidnapping in the Carson family and hard lessons have been learned.
But are the two events connected? And is greed the motivation? Revenge? Or could it be something else? To find out, Frank Calder must go beyond his brief.
And his every step into the darkness may end a girl's life.
Peter Temple is Australia's most awarded crime writer. Text Publishing will release his full backlist—from the Jack Irish Thrillers to An Iron Rose and Shooting Star—in North America by early 2014.
'If you have not read a Temple thriller, you don’t know what you are missing.'
'A tough, contemporary crime novel that takes the reader down some very mean Australian streets A terrific read by one of Australia’s best crime novelists.'
'Temple’s dialogue is crisp and the narrative at times poetic a tense unputdownable thriller with full-throated characters and dynamite plot.'
'Peter Temple is, quite simply, the...
- Great Lithographs By Toulouse-Lautrec (Fine Art, History Of Art Series)
- Swing: A Beginner's Guide
- Dinosaurs Coloring Book (Dinosaur Coloring And Art Book Series)
- FM 3-05.202 Special Forces Foreign Internal Defense Operations: February 2007
- Official ABAP Programming Guidelines
- Etruscan Civilization: A Cultural History
- Discover Your Voice: How To Develop Healthy Voice Habits
- Integrating Video Game Research And Practice In Library And Information Science
- In The American West. 1985
- The Radical Luhmann
- Best Of Office Architecture & Design, Vol II
- Gymnastics Meet Journal: Girls' Edition (Dream Believe Achieve Athletics)
- PandoraHearts Odds And Ends - Manga
- The Defense Never Rests - Second Edition
- Unarmed And Dangerous: New And Selected Poems (Johns Hopkins: Poetry And Fiction)
- High Performance Computing – HiPC 2005: 12th International Conference, Goa, India, December 18-21, 2005, Proceedings (Lecture Notes In Computer Science)
- Making Rights Real: Activists, Bureaucrats, And The Creation Of The Legalistic State (Chicago Series In Law And Society)
- The New Analog: Listening And Reconnecting In A Digital World
- Southern Biscuits
- Stink And The Freaky Frog Freakout