Welcome To The Terrordome: The Pain, Politics And Promise Of Sports
Welcome to the Terrordome: The Pain, Politics and Promise of Sports
“Dave Zirin is the best young sportswriter in America.”—Robert Lipsyte
This much-anticipated sequel to What’s My Name, Fool? by acclaimed commentator Dave Zirin breaks new ground in sports writing, looking at the controversies and trends now shaping sports in the United States—and abroad. Features chapters such as “Barry Bonds is Gonna Git Your Mama: The Last Word on Steroids,” “Pro Basketball and the Two Souls of Hip-Hop,” “An Icon’s Redemption: The Great Roberto Clemente,” and “Beisbol: How the Major Leagues Eat Their Young.”
Zirin’s commentary is always insightful, never predictable.
Dave Zirin is the author of the widely acclaimed book What’s My Name, Fool? (Haymarket Books) and writes the weekly column “Edge of Sports” (edgeofsports.com). He writes a regular column for The Nation and Slam magazine and has appeared as a sports commentator on ESPN TV and radio, CBNC, WNBC, Democracy Now!, Air America, Radio Nation, and Pacifica.
Chuck D redefined rap music and hip-hop culture as leader and co-founder of the legendary rap group Public Enemy. Spike Lee calls him “one of the most politically and socially conscious artists of any generation.” He co-hosts a weekly radio show on Air...
- Dance, Access And Inclusion: Perspectives On Dance, Young People And Change
- Sister Wendy On The Art Of Saints
- The Chinese Brush Painting Handbook (Artist's Handbook Series)
- Comparison Of MSMA And DSMA For Post-emergence Crabgrass Control In Kentucky Bluegrass (Research Report / University Of Georgia, College Of Agriculture, Experiment Stations)
- How To Bake British Cakes, Crumpets, Buns & Biscuits (Authentic English Recipes) (Volume 9)
- Crown Jewels: The Official Illustrated History
- The Bible Among The Myths: Unique Revelation Or Just Ancient Literature?
- The Queen Charlotte Islands Vol. 1: 1774-1966
- Qigong For Multiple Sclerosis: Finding Your Feet Again
- Predator Omnibus Volume 1 (v. 1)
- Urban Spaces: Design And Innovation
- Uncertain Victory: Social Democracy And Progressivism In European And American Thought, 1870-1920
- The Ramblers: A Novel
- Napoleon: A Symbol For An Age: A Brief History With Documents (Bedford Series In History & Culture (Paperback))
- Lady Sings The Blues: The 50th-Anniversay Edition With A Revised Discography (Harlem Moon Classics)
- Automotive Technology: A Systems Approach, 5th Edition
- America's Prophet: Moses And The American Story