War Without End: The Iraq War In Context
War Without End: The Iraq War in Context
In this razor-sharp analysis, TomDispatch.com commentator Michael Schwartz turns every mainstream conclusion about Iraq on its head. He shows how US occupation is fueling civil war in Iraq and beyond, and how US officials dismantled the Iraqi state and economy, helping to destroy rather than rebuild the country.
In a popular style reminiscent of the best writing against the Vietnam War, he punctures the myths used to sell the US public the idea of an endless “war on terror” centered in Iraq. Schwartz shows how the real US interests in Iraq were rooted in the geopolitics of oil and the expansion of a neoliberal economic model in the Middle East—and around the globe—at gunpoint.
War Without End also reveals how the failure of the United States in Iraq has forced US planners to fundamentally rethink the imperial dreams driving recent foreign policy.
This book is the third in a series of very successful books published in cooperation with TomDispatch.com, including the New York Times bestseller United States v. George W. Bush et al. by Elizabeth de la Vega (Seven Stories Press).
Michael Schwartz, professor of sociology and faculty director of the Undergraduate College of Global Studies...
- The Mozart Effect: Tapping The Power Of Music To Heal The Body, Strengthen The Mind, And Unlock The Creative Spirit
- New And Selected Poems, Volume One
- Leaving Mother Lake: A Girlhood At The Edge Of The World
- Veterinary Neuroanatomy: A Clinical Approach, 1e
- Mucha Muchacha, Too Much Girl: Poems
- Strictly Come Dancing Annaul 2018
- Casenote Legal Briefs: Constitutional Law, Keyed To Varat, Cohen, And Amar, Fourteenth Edition
- Tupac Amaru Shakur: 1971-1996
- Nittany Lion Has The Hiccups
- Into The Sun: A Novel
- 101 Muscle-Shaping Workouts & Strategies For Women (101 Workouts)
- Growing Greener Cities: Urban Sustainability In The Twenty-First Century (The City In The Twenty-First Century)
- The Bridal Canopy
- Haunted Seguin (Haunted America)
- Eighth Note Madness - Alto Saxophone (Note Madness Series) (Volume 2)
- A Mail Order Bride For Grant (The Carson Brothers Of Kansas) (Volume 4)
- Intuitive Concepts In Elementary Topology (Dover Books On Mathematics)
- The Party Line: How The Media Dictates Public Opinion In Modern China
- Grunge, Nerds, And Gastropubs: A Mass Culture Odyssey (Kindle Single)