War Without End: The Iraq War In Context
War Without End: The Iraq War in Context
In this razor-sharp analysis, TomDispatch.com commentator Michael Schwartz turns every mainstream conclusion about Iraq on its head. He shows how US occupation is fueling civil war in Iraq and beyond, and how US officials dismantled the Iraqi state and economy, helping to destroy rather than rebuild the country.
In a popular style reminiscent of the best writing against the Vietnam War, he punctures the myths used to sell the US public the idea of an endless “war on terror” centered in Iraq. Schwartz shows how the real US interests in Iraq were rooted in the geopolitics of oil and the expansion of a neoliberal economic model in the Middle East—and around the globe—at gunpoint.
War Without End also reveals how the failure of the United States in Iraq has forced US planners to fundamentally rethink the imperial dreams driving recent foreign policy.
This book is the third in a series of very successful books published in cooperation with TomDispatch.com, including the New York Times bestseller United States v. George W. Bush et al. by Elizabeth de la Vega (Seven Stories Press).
Michael Schwartz, professor of sociology and faculty director of the Undergraduate College of Global Studies...
- EL TOPO QUE QUERIA SABER QUIEN SE HABIA HECHO AQUELLO EN SU
- The Closers (Harry Bosch)
- Atlas Del Mundo (Family Reference) (Spanish Edition)
- Mr. Mercedes: A Novel (The Bill Hodges Trilogy)
- Comet In Moominland (Moomins)
- New Day (Caribbean Modern Classics)
- Kaplan GED Test Social Studies Prep 2015: Book + Online (Kaplan Test Prep)
- Creative Haven Fabulous Fashions Of The 1950s Coloring Book (Adult Coloring)
- Fractal Geometry: Mathematical Foundations And Applications
- The Complete Fairy Tales Of The Brothers Grimm All-New Third Edition
- 365 Starry Nights : An Introduction To Astronomy For Every Night Of The Year
- Paris Street Style: A Coloring Book
- Essential Lawyering Skills (Aspen Coursebook)
- THE NEW GUITAR COURSE, BOOK 2: Rock 'n' Roll, Folk Music, Rhythm & Blues, Country & Western
- Color 'Em Totems: The Tattoo Colouring Book
- Security Information And Event Management (SIEM) Implementation (Network Pro Library)
- Learning Tableau 10 - Second Edition
- Health Science Research: A Handbook Of Quantitative Methods
- How To Memorize Music - A Practical Approach For Non-Geniuses
- Painters Of Utah's Canyons And Deserts