MDC: Memoir From A Damaged Civilization: Stories Of Punk, Fear, And Redemption
MDC: Memoir from a Damaged Civilization: Stories of Punk, Fear, and Redemption
A searing punk memoir by an American original rebelling against conformity, complacency, and conservatism with his iconic band, MDC.
From the time Dave Dictor was young, he knew he was a little different than the all-American kids around him. Radicalized politically while in high school, inspired to seize opportunities by his hard-working parents, and intrigued with gender fluidity, Dictor moved to Austin, and connected with local misfits and anti-establishment rock'n'rollers. He began penning songs that influenced American punk rock for decades.
MDC always has been in the vanguard of social struggles, confronting homophobia in punk rock during the early 1980s; invading America's heartland at sweltering Rock Against Reagan shows; protesting the Pope's visit to San Francisco in 1987; in 1993 they were the first touring US punk band to reach a volatile Russia after the collapse of the Soviet Union.
Dictor's narrative is a raw portrait of an American underground folk-hero who stood on the barricades advocating social justice and spreading punk's promise to a global audience. Part poet, renegade, satirist, and lover, he is an authentic, homegrown character carrying the progressive punk fight into the twenty-first century.
Dave Dictor is singer,...
- Brian De Palma (Trayectos) (Spanish Edition)
- National Geographic Pocket Guide To The Birds Of North America
- Nautical Scenes To Paint Or Color (Dover Art Coloring Book)
- American Heroes Of World War II: Normandy June 6, 1944
- Runner's World Big Book Of Marathon And Half-Marathon Training: Winning Strategies, Inpiring Stories, And The Ultimate Training Tools
- Sites And Pots: Settlement And Economy In Southern Tuscany (AD300-900) (BAR International Series)
- Loot: The Battle Over The Stolen Treasures Of The Ancient World
- The Physician's Good Medicine: Studying The Lotus Sutra (Studying The Lotus Stura) (Volume 2)
- The Amish Christmas Kitchen
- Discover Your Next Mission From God
- Survey Of Historic Costume: Studio Access Card
- Hal Leonard Intermediate Band Method: C Flute
- Miskeen: The Dancing Horse (True Horse Stories)
- Implementing Continuous Quality Improvement In Health Care: A Global Casebook
- Elements Of Electromagnetics (The Oxford Series In Electrical And Computer Engineering)
- Artemis Fowl The Last Guardian
- The Journey Of The Italians In America
- Guide To Moab, UT Backroads & 4-Wheel-Drive Trails 3rd Edition
- Freedom Of Expression: Interviews With Women In Jazz
- Community Ecology: Analytical Methods Using R And Excel (Data In The Wild)