MDC: Memoir From A Damaged Civilization: Stories Of Punk, Fear, And Redemption
MDC: Memoir from a Damaged Civilization: Stories of Punk, Fear, and Redemption
A searing punk memoir by an American original rebelling against conformity, complacency, and conservatism with his iconic band, MDC.
From the time Dave Dictor was young, he knew he was a little different than the all-American kids around him. Radicalized politically while in high school, inspired to seize opportunities by his hard-working parents, and intrigued with gender fluidity, Dictor moved to Austin, and connected with local misfits and anti-establishment rock'n'rollers. He began penning songs that influenced American punk rock for decades.
MDC always has been in the vanguard of social struggles, confronting homophobia in punk rock during the early 1980s; invading America's heartland at sweltering Rock Against Reagan shows; protesting the Pope's visit to San Francisco in 1987; in 1993 they were the first touring US punk band to reach a volatile Russia after the collapse of the Soviet Union.
Dictor's narrative is a raw portrait of an American underground folk-hero who stood on the barricades advocating social justice and spreading punk's promise to a global audience. Part poet, renegade, satirist, and lover, he is an authentic, homegrown character carrying the progressive punk fight into the twenty-first century.
Dave Dictor is singer,...
- NORA: The Real Life Of Molly Bloom
- SWINGING BAROQUE PLAY-ALONG TRUMPET BKCD (Schott Master Play-Along)
- The Guardian
- Children's Ministry On Purpose: A Purpose Driven Approach To Lead Kids Toward Spiritual Health
- The Vanishing Newspaper: Saving Journalism In The Information Age
- A List Of Things That Didn't Kill Me: A Memoir
- Blue Ridge Parkway Vistas: A Comprehensive Identification Guide To What You See From The Many Overlooks
- Nuevo Prisma C1 Workbook Plus Eleteca And Audio CD (Spanish Edition)
- The Posthuman Dada Guide: Tzara And Lenin Play Chess (Public Square)
- The Ballets Russes And Beyond: Music And Dance In Belle-Époque Paris (New Perspectives In Music History And Criticism)
- The Cambridge History Of Italian Literature
- Racionalidad Ambiental (Spanish Edition)
- King Solomon's Mines (Penguin Classics)
- San Francisco's Jewel City: The Panama-Pacific International Exposition Of 1915
- Calculus: Early Transcendental Functions
- Asset Protection Strategies: Tax And Legal Aspects
- Educational Psychology, MyLabSchool Edition
- Georgia: A Novel Of Georgia O'Keeffe
- Late, Late At Night
- 50 Simple Questions For Every Christian