MDC: Memoir From A Damaged Civilization: Stories Of Punk, Fear, And Redemption
MDC: Memoir from a Damaged Civilization: Stories of Punk, Fear, and Redemption
A searing punk memoir by an American original rebelling against conformity, complacency, and conservatism with his iconic band, MDC.
From the time Dave Dictor was young, he knew he was a little different than the all-American kids around him. Radicalized politically while in high school, inspired to seize opportunities by his hard-working parents, and intrigued with gender fluidity, Dictor moved to Austin, and connected with local misfits and anti-establishment rock'n'rollers. He began penning songs that influenced American punk rock for decades.
MDC always has been in the vanguard of social struggles, confronting homophobia in punk rock during the early 1980s; invading America's heartland at sweltering Rock Against Reagan shows; protesting the Pope's visit to San Francisco in 1987; in 1993 they were the first touring US punk band to reach a volatile Russia after the collapse of the Soviet Union.
Dictor's narrative is a raw portrait of an American underground folk-hero who stood on the barricades advocating social justice and spreading punk's promise to a global audience. Part poet, renegade, satirist, and lover, he is an authentic, homegrown character carrying the progressive punk fight into the twenty-first century.
Dave Dictor is singer,...
- Fifty Paintings: Roosevelt-Campobello International Park: Celebrating The Park's 50th Anniversary
- American Society Of Plumbing Engineers Data Book: A Plumbing Engineer's Guide To System Design And S
- EasyScript Express: Learn To Take Fast Notes In A Matter Of Hours
- Healing Your Aloneness: Finding Love And Wholeness Through Your Inner Child
- Checklists For Due Diligence
- Otorrinolaringologia Y Patologia Cervicofacial/ Otorhinolaryngology And Cervicofacial Pathology (Spanish Edition)
- Learn To Read Arabic: Quickly Master A New Alphabet
- Uncommon Carriers
- The Great Airport Mystery (Hardy Boys, Book 9)
- Ender's Shadow (The Shadow Series)
- Aromatherapy Science: A Guide For Healthcare Professionals
- Mini Knitted Christmas
- How Should I Live In This World? (Crucial Questions (Reformation Trust))
- Electronics Technology Fundamentals: Conventional Flow Version (3rd Edition)
- Bernie Sanders Is Running For President!
- An Analytical Survey Of The Fifteen Two-Part Inventions By J.S. Bach
- A Pity Youth Does Not Last: Reminiscences Of The Last Of The Great Blasket Island's Poets And Storytellers (Oxford Paperback Series)
- Problems And Solutions On Thermodynamics And Statistical Mechanics (Major American Universities Ph.D. Qualifying Questions And Solutions)