MDC: Memoir From A Damaged Civilization: Stories Of Punk, Fear, And Redemption
MDC: Memoir from a Damaged Civilization: Stories of Punk, Fear, and Redemption
A searing punk memoir by an American original rebelling against conformity, complacency, and conservatism with his iconic band, MDC.
From the time Dave Dictor was young, he knew he was a little different than the all-American kids around him. Radicalized politically while in high school, inspired to seize opportunities by his hard-working parents, and intrigued with gender fluidity, Dictor moved to Austin, and connected with local misfits and anti-establishment rock'n'rollers. He began penning songs that influenced American punk rock for decades.
MDC always has been in the vanguard of social struggles, confronting homophobia in punk rock during the early 1980s; invading America's heartland at sweltering Rock Against Reagan shows; protesting the Pope's visit to San Francisco in 1987; in 1993 they were the first touring US punk band to reach a volatile Russia after the collapse of the Soviet Union.
Dictor's narrative is a raw portrait of an American underground folk-hero who stood on the barricades advocating social justice and spreading punk's promise to a global audience. Part poet, renegade, satirist, and lover, he is an authentic, homegrown character carrying the progressive punk fight into the twenty-first century.
Dave Dictor is singer,...
- Every Hour Of The Light: The Art Of Mary Sipp-Green
- The Art Of Worldly Wisdom: A Pocket Oracle
- Music Its Secret Influence Throughout The Ages
- Power Tools For Reason 2.5: Master The World's Most Popular Virtual Studio Software (Power Tools Series)
- Math Contests, Grades 7 & 8 (and Algebra Course 1): School Years 1996-1997 Through 2000-2001 [Volume 4]
- 100 Best Vegan Recipes (100 Best Recipes)
- Digger Man
- Eden's Gate: The Reborn: A LitRPG Adventure (Volume 1)
- Perfectly Prep: Gender Extremes At A New England Prep School (Child Development In Cultural Context)
- Explore Mixed Media Collage: Innovative Layering Techniques
- Introduction To International Education: International Schools And Their Communities
- Transforming Leadership: Jesus' Way Of Creating Vision, Shaping Values & Empowering Change
- Against Health: How Health Became The New Morality (Biopolitics)
- Applied Econometrics
- Rosemary Cottage (Hope Beach)
- Top Hits: Alto Sax
- Navigating Metabolism
- When It Rains
- Healthcare Research: A Handbook For Students And Practitioners