Sean Hargreaves believes that for artists and designers, images are born from the experiences one observes during the first 10-15 years of their lives. Those images are subconsciously refined over and over in one’s life. They may consist of shapes, or places, or films…but they always stay present in the back of the memory and now and then they make an appearance in an image or design that is created.
Two important images that stand out for Hargreaves from his youth are the modern house in the green countryside of Northern England that his father built and furnished with prominent mid-century pieces and the machines that he saw when he accompanied his father on business visits to factories; both are extremely prevalent in the artwork throughout these captivating pages.
Hargreaves states that designers are taught that sketching is an important part of the design process. The final image is the presentation of the refinement of all the sketches. When the final image is presented, it is usually presented with all the sketches that led up to the final design. Though Hargreaves agrees with this approach to a certain degree, he also questions it, feeling that there are...
- Decadence Of Industrial Democracies
- Twelve Jewish Steps To Recovery: A Personal Guide To Turning From Alcoholism And Other Addictions (Twelve Step Recovery)
- A Kind Of Rapture
- A More Perfect Union: The Story Of Our Constitution
- West African Drum & Dance: A Yankadi-Macrou Celebration- Teacher's Guide (Book & CD)
- Portugués Para Dummies
- Through The Eye Of A Needle: Wealth, The Fall Of Rome, And The Making Of Christianity In The West, 350-550 AD
- How To Draw Manga Bishoujo For Adults : Purple Manga Edition 3 (Book 2): How To Draw Anime Girls & Manga Female Characters Clothes And Fashion Manga (Drawing AKB0048 Shoujo Japanese Manga) (Volume 2)
- AIX 5L Administration
- Nuevas Propuestas Ludicas Para El Desarrollo Curricular De Educacion Fisica (Spanish Edition)
- Daring Color: Mix And Mingle Watercolor On Your Paper
- In The Still Of The Night: The Strange Death Of Ronda Reynolds And Her Mother's Unceasing Quest For The Truth
- Music In The Baroque (Music Literature Outlines Series 2)
- Teaching For Diversity In Canadian Schools
- Textual Vishyuns: Image And Text In The Work Of Bill Bissett
- WEST Volume 2
- Active Shooter Events And Response
- Honoring The Priesthood As A Deacon, A Teacher, And A Priest
- The Shape Of Script: How And Why Writing Systems Change (School For Advanced Research Advanced Seminar Series)
- Olaf's Perfect Day (Disney Frozen) (Little Golden Book)