Sean Hargreaves believes that for artists and designers, images are born from the experiences one observes during the first 10-15 years of their lives. Those images are subconsciously refined over and over in one’s life. They may consist of shapes, or places, or films…but they always stay present in the back of the memory and now and then they make an appearance in an image or design that is created.
Two important images that stand out for Hargreaves from his youth are the modern house in the green countryside of Northern England that his father built and furnished with prominent mid-century pieces and the machines that he saw when he accompanied his father on business visits to factories; both are extremely prevalent in the artwork throughout these captivating pages.
Hargreaves states that designers are taught that sketching is an important part of the design process. The final image is the presentation of the refinement of all the sketches. When the final image is presented, it is usually presented with all the sketches that led up to the final design. Though Hargreaves agrees with this approach to a certain degree, he also questions it, feeling that there are...
- Ann Hui’s Song Of The Exile (The New Hong Kong Cinema)
- Typographic Design: Form And Communication
- The Official Vintage Guitar Price Guide 2015 (Official Vintage Guitar Magazine Price Guide)
- World Of Science
- Designing Comprehensive Interventions For High-Functioning Individuals With Autism Spectrum Disorders: The Ziggurat Model-Release 2.0
- Fox In Socks Book & CD (Book And CD)
- Creative Insults: Retro Coloring Designs For Foul Mouthed Beasts. A Sweary Coloring Book.
- Slavery In The Age Of Reason: Archaeology At A New England Farm
- Claire D'Albe: The Original French Text (Texts And Translations) (French Edition)
- Virginia, Wild & Scenic 2018 7 X 7 Inch Monthly Mini Wall Calendar, USA United States Of America Southeast State Nature
- Snake Oil, Hustlers And Hambones: The American Medicine Show
- The Rabbit Factory: A Novel
- The Evolution Of Japan's Party System: Politics And Policy In An Era Of Institutional Change (Japan And Global Society)
- Twas The Night Before Christmas:Edited By Santa Claus For The Benefit Of Children Of The 21st Century
- How To Be A Superhero (Little Golden Book)
- Not Your Father's Coast Guard: The Untold Story Of U.S. Coast Guard Special Forces
- Backstairs Billy: The Life Of William Tallon, The Queen Mother's Most Devoted Servant
- Ashfall (Ashfall Trilogy)
- Air Plants: The Curious World Of Tillandsias
- Remembering Whitney: My Story Of Love, Loss, And The Night The Music Stopped By Cissy Houston, Lisa Dickey (2013) Paperback