"Begins to fuck with your head from its very first word."—Toby Litt
"Navidad & Matanza could be the hallucinogenic amalgamation of a César Aira plot with setting and characters conceived by Bolaño—if written using Oulipo-style constraints. . . . With ample imagination and commanding style, Navidad & Matanza certainly marks Labbé as a young author from whom we ought to anticipate great, fascinating things to come."—Jeremy Garber, Powell's Books
Loquela, Carlos Labbé's fourth novel and second to be translated into English, is a narrative chameleon, a shape-shifting exploration of fiction's possibilities.
At a basic level, this is a distorted detective novel mixed with a love story and a radical statement about narrative art. Beyond the silence that unites and separates Carlos and Elisa, beyond the game that estranges the albino girls, Alicia and Violeta, from pleasant summer evenings, beyond the destiny of Neutria—a city that disappears with childhood—and beyond a Chilean literary movement that could be the last vanguard, while at the same time the greatest falsification, questions arise concerning who truly writes for whom in a novel—the author or the reader.
Through an array of voices, overlapping storylines, a kaleidoscope of literary references, and a delirious, precise prose, Labbé carves out a...
- The Kid Who Invented The Popsicle: And Other Surprising Stories About Inventions
- Economization Of Education: Human Capital, Global Corporations, Skills-Based Schooling (Sociocultural, Political, And Historical Studies In Education)
- Attention And Interpretation (Maresfield Library)
- Images From The Bible - The New Testament
- Soul Drippin' Sheet Music
- Workbook For Paramedic Care: Principles & Practice, Volume 5
- In Search Of The Crystal Planet: The Star Crystal Saga Book 2
- The Illustrated Encyclopedia Of Weapons Of World War I: The Comprehensive Guide To Weapons Systems, Including Tanks, Small Arms, Warplanes, Artillery, Ships And Submarines
- The Darkened Temple (Prairie Schooner Book Prize In Poetry)
- Roy Stuart, Volume II
- Connecting: The Mentoring Relationships You Need To Succeed (Spiritual Formation Study Guides)
- Where Men Win Glory: The Odyssey Of Pat Tillman
- One Big Pair Of Underwear
- My Weird School Special: Deck The Halls, We're Off The Walls!
- Robert Guédiguian (French Film Directors Series MUP)
- THE TEACHER OF OIL PAINTING
- Wabori, Traditional Japanese Tattoo: Classic Japanese Tattoos From The Masters.
- The Ignatian Adventure: Experiencing The Spiritual Exercises Of St. Ignatius In Daily Life
- Learning The Violin, Book One: Expanded Edition
- The Crowning Glory Of Calla Lily Ponder: A Novel