Programming For Computations - MATLAB/Octave: A Gentle Introduction To Numerical Simulations With MATLAB/Octave (Texts In Computational Science And Engineering)
Programming for Computations - MATLAB/Octave: A Gentle Introduction to Numerical Simulations with MATLAB/Octave (Texts in Computational Science and Engineering)
This book presents computer programming as a key method for solving mathematical problems. There are two versions of the book, one for MATLAB and one for Python. The book was inspired by the Springer book TCSE 6: A Primer on Scientific Programming with Python (by Langtangen), but the style is more accessible and concise, in keeping with the needs of engineering students. The book outlines the shortest possible path from no previous experience with programming to a set of skills that allows the students to write simple programs for solving common mathematical problems with numerical methods in engineering and science courses. The emphasis is on generic algorithms, clean design of programs, use of functions, and automatic tests for verification.
“Each chapter offers numerical analysis problems to be solved. The authors walk the reader through the solution, using MATLAB source code to solve each problem, and provide the mathematical formulas for each problem presented. … The presentation is done well; it is easy to follow and pedagogically sound. The development of good code is stressed throughout the text....
- Jesus Teaches Us Not To Worry (Arch Book) (Arch Books)
- Oracle DBA Pocket Guide: Quick Reference For Database Administration
- Worlds Of History, Volume 1: A Comparative Reader, To 1550
- Letters To Me, When I Grow Up: Write Now. Read Later. Treasure Forever.
- Pensees (Penguin Classics)
- Los Conquistadores Del Infinito / The Conquerors Of Infinity (Ala Delta: Serie Azul / Hang Gliding: Blue Series) (Spanish Edition)
- These Shining Lives - Acting Edition
- Sprinkle With Murder (Cupcake Bakery Mystery)
- A Light Will Rise In Darkness: Growing Up Black And Catholic In New Orleans (American Catholic Experience)
- Understanding GIS: An ArcGIS Project Workbook
- Statler Records Presents Tap, The Spoken Class
- The Tipping Point: How Little Things Can Make A Big Difference
- Puerto Rico Adventure Set: Map & Naturalist Guide
- A Practical Guide To Teaching Design And Technology In The Secondary School (Routledge Teaching Guides)
- Emeli Sandé - Our Version Of Events (Piano/Vocal/Guitar
- La Ideología De Género Y La Crisis De Occidente (Spanish Edition)
- Elasticity And Geometry: From Hair Curls To The Nonlinear Response Of Shells
- Red Seas Under Red Skies (Gentleman Bastards)
- Over In A River: Flowing Out To The Sea
- The Gospels And Jesus (Oxford Bible Series)