Algorithms For Data Science
Algorithms for Data Science
This textbook on practical data analytics unites fundamental principles, algorithms, and data. Algorithms are the keystone of data analytics and the focal point of this textbook. Clear and intuitive explanations of the mathematical and statistical foundations make the algorithms transparent. But practical data analytics requires more than just the foundations. Problems and data are enormously variable and only the most elementary of algorithms can be used without modification. Programming fluency and experience with real and challenging data is indispensable and so the reader is immersed in Python and R and real data analysis. By the end of the book, the reader will have gained the ability to adapt algorithms to new problems and carry out innovative analyses.
This book has three parts:
(a) Data Reduction: Begins with the concepts of data reduction, data maps, and information extraction. The second chapter introduces associative statistics, the mathematical foundation of scalable algorithms and distributed computing. Practical aspects of distributed computing is the subject of the Hadoop and MapReduce chapter.
(b) Extracting Information from Data: Linear regression and data visualization are the principal topics of Part II. The authors dedicate a chapter to the critical domain of Healthcare Analytics for an extended example...
- NIV, Gift And Award Bible For Kids, Imitation Leather, Pink, Red Letter
- Salsa, Soul, And Spirit: Leadership For A Multicultural Age
- Reusable Sticker Pad - Dress-up
- Art: Over 2,500 Works From Cave To Contemporary
- Cleveland Clinic Guide To Epilepsy: Essential Reading For Families
- Catherine Rollin's Favorite Solos, Bk 3: 8 Of Her Original Piano Solos
- Hindi Cinema: Repeating The Subject (Intersections: Colonial And Postcolonial Histories)
- Mug Shots: Breakfast. Lunch. Dinner.
- Vision And Brain: How We Perceive The World (MIT Press)
- Baby's Book: The First Five Years (Woodland Friends)
- Lincoln In The Bardo: A Novel
- Reef Fish Identification - Travel Edition - Caribbean Bahamas South Florida
- How To Play Keyboards: All You Need To Know To Play Easy Keyboard Music By Evans, Roger (1990)
- Org Design For Design Orgs: Building And Managing In-House Design Teams
- Workbook For Milady Standard Esthetics: Advanced
- Israel (Country Map)
- The Heart Of The Soul: Emotional Awareness
- Antibiotic Basics For Clinicians: The ABCs Of Choosing The Right Antibacterial Agent
- Rain Feet
- Crash The Chatterbox: Hearing God's Voice Above All Others