Valuing Health Systems: A Framework For Low And Middle Income Countries
Valuing Health Systems: A Framework for Low and Middle Income Countries
The underlying themes of this book are twofold: it emphasises the importance of understanding and strengthening health systems to improve a population’s health in low and middle income countries; it promotes the values of equity and the right to health, efficiency, participative and accountable decision-making, and the need for a long-term perspective. These values are examined in relation to governance, policy making and planning, financing, managing, and intersectoral action for health and health service delivery, with a chapter devoted to each.
By permeating the health system with these values, the authors seek to develop a good health system. This would have access to a level of resources commensurate with the national level of income, and use of these resources in the most efficient way to ensure an equitable and maximized level of health, sustainable over the long term. Moreover, it would empower the health system members in areas concerning their health and contributes towards wider social cohesion and mores.
About the Author
Charles Collins currently holds an honorary post...
- Clive Barker's Hellraiser Vol. 1
- 2 SINGING NEWS Magazines September October 2007 (The Voice Of Southern Gospel Music, Volume 39 Issue 5 & 6, Big Mo, Sonya Isaacs, Bob Jones, Sr., Dean & Kim Hopper, The Blackwood Brothers, National Quartet Convention)
- Caught In The Crossfire: An Australian Peacekeeper Beyond The Front-line
- Delmarva Legends & Lore
- Catholic Update Guide To Marriage (Catholic Update Guides)
- The Confederate Battle Flag: America's Most Embattled Emblem
- 4 Ezra And 2 Baruch: Translations, Introductions, And Notes
- Applied Multivariate Statistics For The Social Sciences: Analyses With SAS And IBM’s SPSS, Sixth Edition
- American Ballet Theatre: A Twenty-Five Year Retrospective
- A Short History Of Indonesia: The Unlikely Nation? (A Short History Of Asia Series)
- Brick Oven Pizza How A Guy From Brooklyn Built His Own Wood Fired Pizza Oven
- Being Prez: The Life And Music Of Lester Young
- United States Government: Democracy In Action, Student Edition (GOVERNMENT IN THE U.S.)
- ZILLS-ZAGAT Teaching Syllabus: RAIS Syllabus Of Teaching Zills/Zagat.
- Americana: The Kinks, The Riff, The Road: The Story
- Rose: My Life In Service To Lady Astor
- Chicago Municipal Code Handbook 2016 Edition
- Ambient Media: Japanese Atmospheres Of Self
- Psychology: Core Concepts, Books A La Carte (8th Edition)