My Holiday In North Korea: The Funniest/Worst Place On Earth
My Holiday in North Korea: The Funniest/Worst Place on Earth
Most people want out of North Korea. Wendy Simmons wanted in.
In My Holiday in North Korea: The Funniest/Worst Place on Earth, Wendy shares a glimpse of North Korea as it’s never been seen before. Even though it’s the scariest place on Earth, somehow Wendy forgot to check her sense of humor at the border.
But Wendy’s initial amusement and bewilderment soon turned to frustration and growing paranoia. Before long, she learned the essential conundrum of “tourism” in North Korea: Travel is truly a love affair. But, just like love, it’s a two-way street. And North Korea deprives you of all this. They want you to fall in love with the singular vision of the country they’re willing to show you and nothing more.
Through poignant, laugh-out-loud essays and 92 never-before-published color photographs of North Korea, Wendy chronicles one of the strangest vacations ever. Along the way, she bares all while undergoing an inner journey as convoluted as the country itself.
"You remember Eat, Love, Pray and Under the Tuscan Sun? Yeah, this really isn’t like those. It’s better.” ―San Francisco Chronicle
- Shungite: Protection, Healing, And Detoxification
- Eden Babe Girl's Strappy Tango Latin Dance Shoes(Big Kid 3.5M,Gold 35)
- Big Road Blues: Tradition And Creativity In The Folk Blues (A Da Capo Paperback)
- Kennedy And Oswald: The Big Picture
- More Secrets Of Drawing
- Clear Speech Student's Book: Pronunciation And Listening Comprehension In American English
- Children In The Films Of Steven Spielberg (Children And Youth In Popular Culture)
- Etsy: Launch Your Handmade Empire!- Blueprint To Opening A Storefront On Etsy And Growing Your Business
- The Economics Of Urban Transportation
- Community Profiling: A Practical Guide: Auditing Social Needs (UK Higher Education OUP Humanities & Social Sciences Health & Social Welfare)
- Manual De La Teología Para Los Católicos De Hoy (Spanish Edition)
- Reflections Of Men
- At The Jazz Band Ball: A Memory Of The 1950's
- Old-Fashioned Silhouettes (Dover Electronic Clip Art) (CD-ROM And Book)
- Revolution Within The Revolution: Women And Gender Politics In Cuba, 1952-1962 (Envisioning Cuba)
- A Book Of Drawings
- The Great Lester: Ventriloquism's Renaissance Man: By David Erskine Foreword By Jeff Dunham
- Arrest-Proof Yourself
- Cooking Light Lighten Up, America!: Favorite American Foods Made Guilt-Free
- The French Colony In The Mid-Mississippi Valley