My Holiday In North Korea: The Funniest/Worst Place On Earth
My Holiday in North Korea: The Funniest/Worst Place on Earth
Most people want out of North Korea. Wendy Simmons wanted in.
In My Holiday in North Korea: The Funniest/Worst Place on Earth, Wendy shares a glimpse of North Korea as it’s never been seen before. Even though it’s the scariest place on Earth, somehow Wendy forgot to check her sense of humor at the border.
But Wendy’s initial amusement and bewilderment soon turned to frustration and growing paranoia. Before long, she learned the essential conundrum of “tourism” in North Korea: Travel is truly a love affair. But, just like love, it’s a two-way street. And North Korea deprives you of all this. They want you to fall in love with the singular vision of the country they’re willing to show you and nothing more.
Through poignant, laugh-out-loud essays and 92 never-before-published color photographs of North Korea, Wendy chronicles one of the strangest vacations ever. Along the way, she bares all while undergoing an inner journey as convoluted as the country itself.
"You remember Eat, Love, Pray and Under the Tuscan Sun? Yeah, this really isn’t like those. It’s better.” ―San Francisco Chronicle
- The Assignment
- El Pastor Mentiroso (Troquelados Clasicos Series) (Spanish Edition)
- Restoring Free Speech And Liberty On Campus (Independent Studies In Political Economy)
- Chromatic Harmonica
- Introduction To Forensic Anthropology
- How To Train Your Dragon: How To Cheat A Dragon's Curse
- Legendary Performers -- The Best Of Peter Allen: Piano/Vocal
- Miral: A Novel
- Careers In Manufacturing: Print Purchase Includes Free Online Access (Careers Series)
- The Southern Essays Of Richard M. Weaver
- Revelation 12-22 (MacArthur New Testament Commentary)
- Narrative In The Hebrew Bible (Oxford Bible Series)
- Land Use And Society, Revised Edition: Geography, Law, And Public Policy
- Social Media And Politics [2 Volumes]: A New Way To Participate In The Political Process
- A Midsummer Night's Dream (Folger Shakespeare Library)
- Dance And Other Expressive Art Therapies: When Words Are Not Enough
- Schools Of Democracy: A Political History Of The American Labor Movement
- The Myth Of Alzheimer's: What You Aren't Being Told About Today's Most Dreaded Diagnosis
- Social Media Law: A Handbook Of Cases And Uses
- Statin Drugs Side Effects And The Misguided War On Cholesterol